Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the heads up.
Moonlight has fixed his homebrew loader. Normally now we can launch homebrew with huge arm bin. 3MB size limit is gone.
wink.gif

Also, in the test version he gave me last day, VRAM mode seems to work now on EZ5 and SCDSone.

And last change i know, it's a bug fix about the thumbnail code where pictures with 8+3 name simply crash when file browser cursor highlight the file.

RPG Hacker

Trophies
Website
rpg-hacker.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I wonder when he will finally fix the most simple, but also most obvious error in Moonshell: The Play/Pause Button on videos. It's reversed. That means "Play" actually stops the video, while "Pause" starts it. On music it's correct, though. It shouldn't even be hard to fix, either.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
RPG Hacker said:
I wonder when he will finally fix the most simple, but also most obvious error in Moonshell: The Play/Pause Button on videos. It's reversed. That means "Play" actually stops the video, while "Pause" stops it. On music it's correct, though. It shouldn't even be hard to fix, either.
Its not really something that has to be fixed, because it is actually correct xD, its just the files that were used to make the skin have the buttons reversed. Although this doesn't really bother me since I always have my bottom screen off when I'm watching a video.

QUOTE(798-Icebird @ Nov 12 2009, 10:28 AM) My games won't load any more with the AKAIO loader and with the ysloader!!!
blink.gif
o.0 Um that is because they are commercial roms xD (I actually didn't realize this for the entire day until I tried using my PPSEDS to get to my ysmenu...somehow it just didn't get recognized as homebrew, so it kept giving me an error. It sort of defeated the purpose of me having PPSEDS on my DS anymore since I only used it to get to ysmenu when I needed to). As it turns out, Moonlight might not like pirates, always a wonderful thing xD so I'd give it +1.

Reading some of the changes straight off of his website (I wonder why he makes it white though...), it seems that when you don't have "Start Moonshell from Recent Files", Moonshell doesn't record any of the files opened (I think that is good, then it could be used like a second application page).
The volume is now separate for videos and the file list (so you can watch videos with max volume and when you close the video, your music could resume playing at 25% volume). There is also a new homebrew launcher for bigger files (less than 4mb though). It doesn't have the high compatibility like the ysmenu still though.
Some functions were added to the moonshl2.ini (EnabledScreenSaver, and ArtworkBGColor for coverart I think).
The text editor can change backlight brightness (L+X/Y) and there is a SoundEffectVolume level added to the textedit.ini (I like the text editor's hand writing thing although I can't seem to write an l differently from a 1 or a g from a q or 9.)

Three suggestions for a pirate, you can either:
1. Give up your pirating ways and join the path of light because in the end ninjas will win anyways xD. (Recommended)
2. Take a leaf out of this thread to use the ysmenu/moonshell2 combo with moonshell 2.07 and no, I'm not flat out telling pirates how to keep pirating
sleep.gif
". If you can't figure out what I'm telling you from this, then you just weren't meant to be a pirate. Also, game icons won't be shown using this method.
3. You can give up thinking and just take the easy way out and downgrade to Moonshell2.06. xD

ChuckMcB

Trophies
Website
www.ds-xtra.com
XP
Country
Here's the change log text (white-on-white text from the site):

QUOTE said:
I'm sorry. My activity has stopped almost. I am alive. I apologize because I do not receive mail. The primrose path. Wry smile.

QUOTETemporary update information. This is a translation not accurate. I apologize because communication is difficult.
update point for Version 2.07 stable
The simple setup tool was appended. Of course, MoonShell can be renewed even in a simple folder copy.

About for system.
When you invalidate "Start MoonShell from Recent Files" option. It doesn't record in the application history.
The checksum calculation mistake of a short file name was corrected. For instance, the bug that failed in the identification of the file name because of 'S3400074.JPG' etc. was corrected.
The volume was able to manage individually in music or movie.

About for HomeBrew.
For HomeBrew uses special DLDI. The DLDI patch is applied to ARM7 too.
When HomeBrew was started from MoonShell with iQue, the bug that the touch panel doesn't work correctly was corrected.
When consumer NDSROM file is executed, the error message is displayed. It doesn't stop.
The bug that was not able to start "GBALdr" was corrected.
A huge NDSROM file from 3072KByte to less than 4032KByte can be started. The NDSROM file of less than 3MByte does "Direct start" though it passes a minimum NDS loader.

About for File list.
EnabledScreenSaver was added to the [FileList] section of moonshl2.ini. ON/OFF of the screen saver is switched.
ArtWorkBGColor was added to the [M4APlugin] section of moonshl2.ini. The background color of the M4A artwork is specified.
ShowCoverImage was added to the [FileList] section of moonshl2.ini. ON/OFF of the "jacket.bmp and mp3 artwork and M4A artwork" is switched.
In the moonshl2 folder, the bug that had forgotten to prohibit the deletion of file of START button long push was corrected.

About for Text editor.
The bug that did not open the text editor was corrected when there was a bookmark file.
The automatic judgment accuracy of the text encode has improved.
When L+X/Y is pushed, the backlight brightness is changed.
SoundEffectVolume was added to the [System] section of textedit.ini. The volume of the sound effect is specified.

About for other.
In movie watching. "The audio frequently becomes interrupted" bug was corrected.
On text reader. The automatic judgment accuracy of the text encode has improved.

MoonShell Ver2.07 stable ?????????????

???????
????????????????????????????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????????'S3400074.JPG'??????????????????????????
????????????????????????

?HomeBrew??
????DLDI?????????ARM7??DLDI????????????????
iQue?MoonShell??HomeBrew???????????????????????????????
??NDSROM???????????????????????
GBALdr???NDSROM????????????????
3072?4032KByte????NDSROM?????????????????????NDS???????????3MByte???NDSROM???????????????????

??????????
moonshl2.ini?[FileList]?????????????????????EnabledScreenSaver?????????????
moonshl2.ini?[M4APlugin]???????M4A???????????????ArtWorkBGColor?????????????
moonshl2.ini?[M4APlugin]??????ShowCoverImage?[FileList]???????????jacket.bmp/mp3?????/M4A??????ON/OFF???????????
moonshl2???????START????????????????????????????????????

???????????
??????????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????
S-JIS????????????????????????
L+X/Y???????????????????????
??????????????????
textedit.ini?[System]????????????????????????SoundEffectVolume?????????????
textedit.ini?[System]?????????????????????????????ON/OFF?????LoopResultWindow?????????????

????
DPG????????????????????????
????????S-JIS????????????????????????

Here are couple of .torrents for the new version is anyone wants them: .exe - .zip

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I forgot the IQue bug ! This one was fixed with the participation of EZ team.
wink.gif

And to see that moonlight has integrated the ARM7 DLDI patch. This mean DSvideo is now supported.

Thanks ChuckMcB for the change log.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
798-Icebird said:
My games won't load any more with the AKAIO loader and with the ysloader!!!
blink.gif

Not cool... I was liking using Moonshell as an all in 1 loader...

I hope he changes it back... but Moonshell is still awesome.

I don't think I will downgrade, because thats a bad solution.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
OSW said:
798-Icebird said:
blink.gif

Dont worry. I already hacked ms2 to load my romz dudez!

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Normmatt said:
OSW said:
798-Icebird said:
blink.gif

LOL! hahaha u are a mad haxxor bro
tongue.gif

BTW, on another tangent - I tried out this moonshell 2 release on my G6 REAL (trying to make use of that 1GB flash...) and I got it working, however many songs lag (everything perfect on acekard2)

I wonder if it's the dodgy DLDI file. It seems to have problems depsite the cf speed tester showing it to have the fasted reads out of all my other microsd/flashcard combinations.

Anyways, just reinforcing how much of a piece of junk it is, because M3 Team pretty much abandoned it ages ago... Wish they would update the software and fix things.

798-Icebird

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Normmatt said:
OSW said:
798-Icebird said:
blink.gif

Piz can you tell how?
shy.gif

laxman0220

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Normmatt said:
OSW said:
798-Icebird said:
blink.gif

GIVE ME YOUR HAXX!!!! please
biggrin.gif

Ultralex

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
laxman0220 said:
Normmatt said:
OSW said:
798-Icebird said:
blink.gif

GIVE ME YOUR HAXX!!!! please
biggrin.gif
[sarcastic]Homebrewchannel is now JODi!
rolleyes.gif
[sarcastic/]

which files ARE the loader in Moonshell2?

laxman0220

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jurassicplayer said:
RPG Hacker said:
I wonder when he will finally fix the most simple, but also most obvious error in Moonshell: The Play/Pause Button on videos. It's reversed. That means "Play" actually stops the video, while "Pause" stops it. On music it's correct, though. It shouldn't even be hard to fix, either.
Its not really something that has to be fixed, because it is actually correct xD, its just the files that were used to make the skin have the buttons reversed. Although this doesn't really bother me since I always have my bottom screen off when I'm watching a video.

QUOTE(798-Icebird @ Nov 12 2009, 10:28 AM) My games won't load any more with the AKAIO loader and with the ysloader!!!
blink.gif
o.0 Um that is because they are commercial roms xD (I actually didn't realize this for the entire day until I tried using my PPSEDS to get to my ysmenu...somehow it just didn't get recognized as homebrew, so it kept giving me an error. It sort of defeated the purpose of me having PPSEDS on my DS anymore since I only used it to get to ysmenu when I needed to). As it turns out, Moonlight might not like pirates, always a wonderful thing xD so I'd give it +1.

Reading some of the changes straight off of his website (I wonder why he makes it white though...), it seems that when you don't have "Start Moonshell from Recent Files", Moonshell doesn't record any of the files opened (I think that is good, then it could be used like a second application page).
The volume is now separate for videos and the file list (so you can watch videos with max volume and when you close the video, your music could resume playing at 25% volume). There is also a new homebrew launcher for bigger files (less than 4mb though). It doesn't have the high compatibility like the ysmenu still though.
Some functions were added to the moonshl2.ini (EnabledScreenSaver, and ArtworkBGColor for coverart I think).
The text editor can change backlight brightness (L+X/Y) and there is a SoundEffectVolume level added to the textedit.ini (I like the text editor's hand writing thing although I can't seem to write an l differently from a 1 or a g from a q or 9.)

Three suggestions for a pirate, you can either:
1. Give up your pirating ways and join the path of light because in the end ninjas will win anyways xD. (Recommended)
2. Take a leaf out of this thread to use the ysmenu/moonshell2 combo with moonshell 2.07 and no, I'm not flat out telling pirates how to keep pirating
sleep.gif
". If you can't figure out what I'm telling you from this, then you just weren't meant to be a pirate. Also, game icons won't be shown using this method.
3. You can give up thinking and just take the easy way out and downgrade to Moonshell2.06. xD

So, it is possible to get moonshell 2.07 to load roms? In your post you said we can edit any file that was originally a text file, so I'm guessing we're suppose to do something with the config.ini?

I'm confused, can you just tell us how to do it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse