Homebrew MoonShell 2.00 Beta 5 "GBAtemp-official-English"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
This is an "official GBAtemp translation" for MoonShell 2.00 beta 5 application.

Seeing how some people complained about partial and broken translations, Densetsu3000 contacted me about making the real complete English translation for the last MoonShell beta that was released..
This translation is different from all others because it has translated everything, Read-Me files, FAQ, text files within MoonShell, graphics, completely everything (except changelong, because there was no need for doing that, all info is contained in other files), and it's all done in legit english without any translation systems or online translators!

QUOTE said:
Released 09 February 2009
Created by Moonlight/Infantile Paralysiser
MoonShell 2 GUI, skin, all text files translated by Densetsu3000
Graphic editing/Skinned by Toni Plutonij

- English is now the default GUI/skin language.
- Check the "\Misc Tools\Extras" folder to add extra functionality to MoonShell 2.
- The "Extras" folder also contains a version of GBA ExpLoader specially adapted for MoonShell2 by Rudolph. View the Readme in that folder for details.
- Soft-reset files for DSLink and R4 included in the "moonshl2\resetmse" folder (also by Rudolph). If anyone knows how to create soft-reset files for other flashcarts, please submit them for inclusion into this release. You will, of course, be credited.
- You can make screen captures of the GUI by holding down SELECT for 3 seconds. MoonShell 2 will freeze afterwards, but this is normal. Simply shut down and reboot. The screencaps will be found on the root of your MicroSD card. If you take multiple screencaps, a number will be appended to the image filenames in sequential order.
- All documentation and readme files that were originally in Japanese were translated into English without the use of online translations; just hardcore knowledge of the Japanese language and native fluency in English. So if you take the time to read them, they'll actually make sense and you might discover things that you may have missed about MoonShell 2. So read them, Moonlight and Rudolph didn't write them for fun
smile.gif

This thread is made for discussion about MoonShell capabilities, and this translation. Posts regarding Moonlight-M3 matter WILL GET REMOVED!
Also, take note that this isn't an official translation made by Moonlight or in association with him, this was done by GBAtemp members in most professional way.

Hopefully, you'll enjoy it, and be sure to check ReadMe and About the MoonShell 2 English Release files from the package!

Download Link (updated 13. February 2009.):
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4765

UPDATE INCLUDES!
QUOTEHere's what's been updated:
- Includes updates to the GUI translation based on feedback from the thread
- Added soft-reset files for the SuperCard DS One and CycloDS (CycloDS works, I have tested it!)
- The logbuf.txt file has been removed from the moonshl2 folder (it's been causing problems for some people)
- Other minor translation updates
- Changelog completely translated
- Includes a new translated list of things that Moonlight had planned for MoonShell 2, but never happened
frown.gif

- Readme file is updated with a link to this thread
- Source files for english skin are included
- english skin is set as default (and only skin at the moment)

Setting it up as CycloDS "music" option?

1: Extract moonshl2 and moonshl2.nds to ROOT of your card.
2: Make folder "moonshl" to root of your card.
3: Cut and paste the moonshl2.nds to "moonshl" folder.
4: Rename moonshl2.nds to moonshell.nds

D

Deleted-119707

thanks but i cant get this one working on my r4. i got the other one working. is there any difference or is it just the skin?

Toni Plutonij

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
nicky041192 said:
thanks but i cant get this one working on my r4. i got the other one working. is there any difference or is it just the skin?
It's all the difference, skin is just the little part of translation, Densetsu3000 translated all the internal text, all files from the package have been translated, including text additions, and explanations of MoonShells old/new features..

This is complete translation, unlike previous ones that were only partial..

Bits of skin are also changed to blue so it feels like a complete work, and not like it's been made out of several skins!

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
nicky041192 said:
thanks but i cant get this one working on my r4. i got the other one working. is there any difference or is it just the skin?Rudolph's soft-reset files for DSLink and R4 are the only extra files in the moonshl2 folder that weren't in the original MoonShell 2 Beta 5 release. Maybe they're causing the problem. You can find them in the \moonshl2\resetmse folder. Try deleting them and let us know if it still doesn't work.

QUOTE(p1ngpong @ Feb 9 2009, 02:36 PM) Wow great job guys, Densetsu3000 certainly deserves his custom title!

Im very impressed you two, excellent job!
yaypsp.gif
Thanks! We do it because we wub you guys
wub.gif
and we hate Google Translate
mad.gif

D

Deleted-119707

Toni Plutonij said:
nicky041192 said:
It's all the difference, skin is just the little part of translation, Densetsu3000 translated all the internal text, all files from the package have been translated, including text additions, and explanations of MoonShells old/new features..

Bits of skin are also changed to blue so it feels like a complete work, and not like it's been made out of several skins!

thanks, but on the moonshell settings menu, and where it says 'mp3 press and hold l/r to seek' or something like that, i ticked it and it diables that feature. i uncheck it and it enables Xd, just wondering if it was normal lol
and the 'show id3tag during playback' feature doent work. whenever i tick/uncheck it, it shows the id3 tag of my music.

Densetsu3000 said:
nicky041192 said:
Rudolph's soft-reset files for DSLink and R4 are the only extra files in the moonshl2 folder that weren't in the original MoonShell 2 Beta 5 release. Maybe they're causing the problem. You can find them in the \moonshl2\resetmse folder. Try deleting them and let us know if it still doesn't work.

QUOTE(p1ngpong @ Feb 9 2009, 02:36 PM)
Wow great job guys, Densetsu3000 certainly deserves his custom title!

Im very impressed you two, excellent job!
yaypsp.gif
Thanks! We do it because we wub you guys
wub.gif
and we hate Google Translate
mad.gif
nope still doent work, maybe im using ysmenu on my r4? shouldnt really matter though... nevermind though. ill use the skin
smile.gif
. good job.

Toni Plutonij

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
nicky041192 said:
Toni Plutonij said:
nicky041192 said:

thanks, but on the moonshell settings menu, and where it says 'mp3 press and hold l/r to seek' or something like that, i ticked it and it diables that feature. i uncheck it and it enables Xd, just wondering if it was normal lol
and the 'show id3tag during playback' feature doent work. whenever i tick/uncheck it, it shows the id3 tag of my music.
Well, there might be some minor things that we overlooked, thanks for letting us know, we'll be looking into it, and for everyone else, if you find anything weird, or you have any questions, feel free to post here!

It will only help us improve this..

p1ngy,
wub.gif
thanks
wink.gif

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
nicky041192 said:
thanks, but on the moonshell settings menu, and where it says 'mp3 press and hold l/r to seek' or something like that, i ticked it and it diables that feature. i uncheck it and it enables Xd, just wondering if it was normal lolYou're right
ohmy.gif
I just checked it myself! Hold on, I'm going to check something out.

QUOTE(nicky041192 @ Feb 9 2009, 02:43 PM) and the 'show id3tag during playback' feature doent work. whenever i tick/uncheck it, it shows the id3 tag of my music.
Yeah, that's just a feature that never worked in the first place. I guess Moonlight meant to implement it, but never finished it. So whether you check/uncheck it, it'll show the ID3 tag.

*EDIT*
As I thought, it was a mistake in the original Japanese. Moonlight himself had the setting backwards in Japanese, and I just directly translated it without testing it myself. I'll fix that right away, thanks for pointing it out!
happy.gif

D

Deleted-119707

ahh, thanks for the info. id3tags not really a problem XD
would it be possible to 'blank' the id3tag setting for now? or say not implimented?

i seem to be in the mood today haha

on the top screen where it shows the instruction, maaybe add 'L+Left to show mp3 bar' or something. if you didnt know, it shows a bar that slides from the left showing buttongs for playing,pausing your mp3.
and
say 'hold select to take screenshot'

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
nicky041192 said:
ahh, thanks for the info. id3tags not really a problem XD
would it be possible to 'blank' the id3tag setting for now? or say not implimented?Yeah, that would be simple! Great suggestion, actually. Thanks!

QUOTE(nicky041192 @ Feb 9 2009, 02:50 PM) i seem to be in the mood today haha

on the top screen where it shows the instruction, maaybe add 'L+Left to show mp3 bar' or something. if you didnt know, it shows a bar that slides from the left showing buttongs for playing,pausing your mp3.
and
say 'hold select to take screenshot'
No problem, we appreciate all the feedback!

Yeah, if you check the KeyMap.txt file in the \Manuals folder, it has all of the additional controls (there are just way too many of them to fit on that top screen). I just noticed this, but in the KeyMap.txt file, the control for showing the MP3 bar is reversed as well
wink2.gif

This is why it took us so long to release it. We had to test things, but apparently we didn't test enough
shy.gif

Since Toni is the skinner, that's up to him if he can figure out how to squeeze all of the stuff you suggest into that top screen.

D

Deleted-119707

hehe:D no problem. only if i can apply myself like this at school lol

D

Deleted-119707

add 'l+r to pause' l+up
works also with tripple r tap

l+down to chaange play mode (repeat,random)
i dont know if you can fit everything though lol

maybe a little clean up on the text file menu... capitals when needed maybe? or caps on every word?

Toni Plutonij

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
nicky041192 said:
add 'l+r to pause' l+up
works also with tripple r tap

l+down to chaange play mode (repeat,random)
i dont know if you can fit everything though lol
Yeah, we know about most of these functions, but there is no place to fit them when making a skin, we've been keeping it simple and true to the original, as close as possible..

QUOTE(~Kuraudo's Sword~ @ Feb 10 2009, 12:08 AM) umm mine isn't loading it says application halted! help plz?
Have you tried backing up everything to your PC, and then formatting your microSD?
Then copying moonshl2 folder and Moonshell2.00 beta 5 to your microSD, remember moonshl2 folder MUST be on the root of the microSD!!

D

Deleted-119707

its not much of a hack, just some translation on the skin.

oh, i just thought that you should/could give a link to the skin instead of making people downloading the 20+mb for it if they already got moonshell 2 installed.

or 'READ MANNUAL FOR ADDITION FEATURES!'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.