Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France

Moonshell 1.71 - Stable

Final release - Out now

Moonshell 1.71 goes final as Infantile Paralysiser releases the much anticipated update to moonshell. The main changes consist of DPG decoding & playback performance tweaks.
Version 1.71 makes it possible to soft reset using the START button

moonshell.png

Changelog:
(Version 1.71 Final - Stable: 2007/03/07)

• added 'DPG Encoder Language file for German' to 'Enhancing language' page.
  • Changed default to '24kHz 2x oversampling'
(Version 1.7 Final : 2007/03/05)

• The DPG video decoder do speed-up.
  • The START button can be customized to soft reset.
download.gif
Moonshell version 1.71 Final -Stable

icon11.gif
Homepage

m2pt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This version lags on my R4 when switching a video from one screen to another and when adjusting the internal volume while playing a video, and the picture and sound get out of sync. The last 1.6whatever HiSpeed DPG test version works flawlessly.

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Gives me error "can not found mooshl folder.". Do I need to DLDI patch the nds file or something? I assumed it was already working correctly with that many options in the setup.

fli_guy84

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
The file shows no icon in my DS. Plus, when booting it only shows white screens on my DS-X

Edit: Working fine now, copied the wrong binary
rofl2.gif

Edit 2: Has anyone noticed that moonshell kinda loads slower now? Seems lots of files are being read at startup
frown.gif

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does soft reset work for R4, like the R4 modified binary that's on R4DS.net, or does this need to be patched by R4 Team with their proprietary knowledge to soft-reset? I'd love to see them aiding the MoonShell author with their soft-reset business, or even submitting that info to Lick so he can incorporate it in his softreset project.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Turn off all forms of resume, including the new DPG resume option, or DPG switching will be much slower.

No, I mean at the blue loading screen. Used to load like in 1 second, but now it's more like 6-7 seconds.

Once loaded it's working fine. This is a minor issue though
nyanya.gif

same longer load with me, although its more like 5ish seconds.

i noticed some possible errors...?

if i use a cursor image in the skin folder, it is shown transparent in moonshell.
date/time is showing up still when i set the config not too (i need to check this again though, to confirm)

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
i read on Infantile Paralysiser's webpage that to softreset moonshell on cards other than |M3CF/M3SD/MPCF/SCCF/SCSD/SCLite/EZ4SD/DSLink| (which must have already been implemented) , you need to retrieve the RESET.MSE from the card, ie by contacting the flashcart team. That is a general summary of what i gather.

I also noticed some uninterpretable stuff about some DS Brickers, i think it was saying that moonshell can't detect them or something.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post
frown.gif

tanooki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

GexX2

Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Same here >.< I even changed it to a ds.gba using ndsmall and still got whitescreens on my G6. Oh, bte, can someone upload a working 1.6 moonshell for g6? I wanna try out my skin :3

GexX2

Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ME said:
Sorry, I'm using a translation service since I'm american. My friends and some people at GBAtemp are having issues with 1.71 on the G6. Is is a known issue? Sorry for any errors in translation.
tongue.gif
Just for the record, I've tried it with both the included 1.5 and the newest DLDI (1.7) and also with and without Add Header. I also converted it to a ds.gba using ndsmall to add a header. None of this seems to work, as it all ends up with white screens. Thanks for taking the time to read this. My god this translation is awful. xD (The retranslation sucks so I rewrote this from memory >.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans