TheStump

Got Wood?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
is there some type of combination so basically you can push it and moonshell is still playing but the L/R button wont respond, (sort of like a hold function that discmans have).

im just wondering cause it shits me off when ive got the ds in my pocket and i bump the shoulder buttons and the music stops.

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How does this damn thing work? it claims it runs mp3 files, and video files, but when it comes down to running them it always says file not supported. I mean the regular movie player thing isn't perfect, but it's alot straight forward than this thing.

wohoo

Trophies
XP
Country
... you just use theprograms that you get in the M3 box and then convert the videofile you want to see, or the musicfile you want to listen to and the program is handleing the rest ;D

smashing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The best thing about Moonshell is the ability to customise. With regards to your question about removing the functionality of the L/R button when the DS is closed, open the file "global.ini" in the "shell" folder (on your cart/memory card) with notepad. Once you're inside, you'll see a words in different languages. Don't let it deter you though, for the process of changing the settings is very simple.

Simply scroll down the under [system] where it says "; Enable Shoulder Buttons (0=Only when open, 1=Flexible, 2=Never, 3=Always)"
So in order to choose option 0, change the line
"ClosedSholderButton=3" to "ClosedSholderButton=0"
Save the settings and voila.

There's other interesting settings inside there as well, like setting the default playlist play in shuffleloop; change the default volume etc. etc.

Hope you have fun with it.

smashing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How does this damn thing work? it claims it runs mp3 files, and video files, but when it comes down to running them it always says file not supported. I mean the regular movie player thing isn't perfect, but it's alot straight forward than this thing.

It runs mp3 fine for me, and the movie is much clearer than the movie player packaged in the M3 that I'm using. I concur that it's frustrating when you first get acquainted to it, but once you have it working, you'll never look back.

Anyway, there's some useful sites around that provide step-by-step instructions on moonshell. This link for instance demostrated how the v.1 works. The newer version are quite similar, and you won't be far off by following the instructions.

Do give moonshell a go. I think it's a much better alternative to the movie player thingie bundled in the GBAMP and M3.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you use Moonshell 1.3x I believe, you can find the option ImageMode=0 under [ImagePlugin] in the global.ini file.
Change the value to 1 to enable display on both screens.
You can tweak a few other things under that section as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)