Moonshell 1.3 question

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by TheStump, Jun 3, 2006.

Jun 3, 2006

Moonshell 1.3 question by TheStump at 6:45 AM (1,963 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. TheStump
    OP

Member TheStump Got Wood?

Australia
    is there some type of combination so basically you can push it and moonshell is still playing but the L/R button wont respond, (sort of like a hold function that discmans have).

im just wondering cause it shits me off when ive got the ds in my pocket and i bump the shoulder buttons and the music stops.

2. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    There is a setting in the ini that deactivates the shoulder buttons when the DS is closed. Forgot exactly where though....

3. corbs132

Member corbs132 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    go to the iso 120 review for max media dock

4. Scorpin200

Banned Scorpin200 Iceman

United States
    How does this damn thing work? it claims it runs mp3 files, and video files, but when it comes down to running them it always says file not supported. I mean the regular movie player thing isn't perfect, but it's alot straight forward than this thing.

5. wohoo

Member wohoo GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    ... you just use theprograms that you get in the M3 box and then convert the videofile you want to see, or the musicfile you want to listen to and the program is handleing the rest ;D

6. smashing

Newcomer smashing Member

The best thing about Moonshell is the ability to customise. With regards to your question about removing the functionality of the L/R button when the DS is closed, open the file "global.ini" in the "shell" folder (on your cart/memory card) with notepad. Once you're inside, you'll see a words in different languages. Don't let it deter you though, for the process of changing the settings is very simple.

Simply scroll down the under [system] where it says "; Enable Shoulder Buttons (0=Only when open, 1=Flexible, 2=Never, 3=Always)"
    So in order to choose option 0, change the line
    "ClosedSholderButton=3" to "ClosedSholderButton=0"
    Save the settings and voila.

There's other interesting settings inside there as well, like setting the default playlist play in shuffleloop; change the default volume etc. etc.

Hope you have fun with it.

7. smashing

Newcomer smashing Member

It runs mp3 fine for me, and the movie is much clearer than the movie player packaged in the M3 that I'm using. I concur that it's frustrating when you first get acquainted to it, but once you have it working, you'll never look back.

Anyway, there's some useful sites around that provide step-by-step instructions on moonshell. This link for instance demostrated how the v.1 works. The newer version are quite similar, and you won't be far off by following the instructions.

Do give moonshell a go. I think it's a much better alternative to the movie player thingie bundled in the GBAMP and M3.

8. AeroScap

Member AeroScap GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I have a question. Is it possible for moonshell to display picturea across both screens? and how?

9. Zarcon

Former Staff Zarcon .:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.

Canada
    If you use Moonshell 1.3x I believe, you can find the option ImageMode=0 under [ImagePlugin] in the global.ini file.
    Change the value to 1 to enable display on both screens.
    You can tweak a few other things under that section as well.

10. AeroScap

Member AeroScap GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom