Sword & Shield at your service
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm very surprised at the game Moon. I thought it'd be a knockoff of Prime Hunters but it's even better! I actually like the atmosphere and the controls so well that it outdoes Metroid Prime Hunters. One thing though is that the game is screaming for online multiplayer like how Hunters did. Why didn't they include it in this game? It would have been so much better. What do you think?

pika9323

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well it would be really cool.

Until now i didn´t played the game (broken SD card) but anyway online multiplayer is always fun.

But i think it will have the same problems than MPH:

Lagg
bug/glitches
Online Cheater
D/C (disconnect/connect).

If you could update a DS Game via Online update this would be really awesome. And a lobby maybe
yaynds.gif

ryukyus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everything you said that is exactly how I see, metroid prime controls were lame, and the environment, was too small, moon is way better without a doubt, even though fps is not my thing.

Link5084

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The developers who made Moon are new to the video game industry. They have only made one other DS game and that's it. They also took the time to analyze Metroid Prime Hunters and make it even better. Moon excels in every category as a DS FPS and Nintendo could learn a thing or two from then.

By the way, online Wi-Fi isn't that worthless. It's still fun to see your rank and killing other enemies online. Unfortunately though there's no way to implement this into Moon now. Do you think the developers intended to do this?

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Link5084 said:
The developers who made Moon are new to the video game industry. They have only made one other DS game and that's it. They also took the time to analyze Metroid Prime Hunters and make it even better. Moon excels in every category as a DS FPS and Nintendo could learn a thing or two from then.

By the way, online Wi-Fi isn't that worthless. It's still fun to see your rank and killing other enemies online. Unfortunately though there's no way to implement this into Moon now. Do you think the developers intended to do this?
You're right, I shouldn't of said it's worthless, but playing just a few matches in Metroid Prime: Hunters makes you realize how much cheating there would be in Moon's wifi.

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
da_head said:
despite cheaters, it would have been cool to play with your friends on wifi >.>
Another good point, but the team seems a little inexperienced to be doing robust features like online multiplayer/maintaining their own servers. It'll probably be awhile before they come out with a game that supports any type of wifi.

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Link5084 said:

Long live Renegadekid!
grog.gif
I think they should continue to make FPS's for the DS until the end of it's lifespan, they seem to improve with every game

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
the thing that i really like about moon, is that they took everything bad from dementium and improved it.

low ammo-> gun with unlimited ammo
annoying to get health->most enemies drop health
restarting level when dieing->multiple save points
annoying to look at map->map on bottom screen

i look forward to future games from this company
smile.gif

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
No way Moon is better then Metroid Prime. Its story is dead stupid (using Roswell as a Cliché to explain backstory is totally lazy storytelling) and the technical implementation is highly flawed.

And I'm not particularly fond of Metroid Prime, either. But for a game to be superior I'd at least expect it to succeed in those two points.

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
enarky said:
No way Moon is better then Metroid Prime. Its story is dead stupid (using Roswell as a Cliché to explain backstory is totally lazy storytelling) and the technical implementation is highly flawed.

And I'm not particularly fond of Metroid Prime, either. But for a game to be superior I'd at least expect it to succeed in those two points.
Sure Moon's story is derivative and cliched, but at least it has a story. Metroid Prime doesn't have much of a story, and it's technical implementation is pretty shallow compared to Moon's. I think that Moon is superior to both those points.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh...I'm glad they concentrated on the single-player game. From what I've played so far, they've made an entertaining product.

What I would like to see, however, is an FPS where the main attraction is its online multiplayer. But either way, it's going to be hard for any DS game to keep players interested with its online component. Why? Because of people cheating online. I know I spend very little time with it; there just seems to be little point in it. I get no satisfaction from pwning without skill, and if the playing field isn't level, I lose interest. I think it's likely the same for most folks.

Which brings us full circle round. The DS is great for gaming on the go, and it can do things consoles cannot. The touch screen is a wonderful interface that offers a different experience for a huge variety of games, but it hasn't proven successful when it comes to online gaming. Even MKDS finally fell by the wayside. These days, players know that within the first week online gameplay will be tainted by cheat codes. I'm not making a value judgment, either -- just re-stating the obvious.

The only type of online FPS for DS I could possibly see holding any long-lasting interest for players would be some type of co-op.

Rowan

Trophies
XP
Country
i dont atually like this game at all i put it on my card thinking this will be great what do i get
crappy sound quiality
not so good graphics
and the whole robot thing is annoying (having ot pick it up)
and also the recoil on the gun is pretty bad 5/10
(do not troll my opinion)
mthrnitesmiley.gif
mthrnitesmiley.gif
mthrnitesmiley.gif

Link5084

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
irpacynot said:
Meh...I'm glad they concentrated on the single-player game. From what I've played so far, they've made an entertaining product.

What I would like to see, however, is an FPS where the main attraction is its online multiplayer. But either way, it's going to be hard for any DS game to keep players interested with its online component. Why? Because of people cheating online. I know I spend very little time with it; there just seems to be little point in it. I get no satisfaction from pwning without skill, and if the playing field isn't level, I lose interest. I think it's likely the same for most folks.

Which brings us full circle round. The DS is great for gaming on the go, and it can do things consoles cannot. The touch screen is a wonderful interface that offers a different experience for a huge variety of games, but it hasn't proven successful when it comes to online gaming. Even MKDS finally fell by the wayside. These days, players know that within the first week online gameplay will be tainted by cheat codes. I'm not making a value judgment, either -- just re-stating the obvious.

The only type of online FPS for DS I could possibly see holding any long-lasting interest for players would be some type of co-op.

Can't players cheat on co-op too?

Orangegamer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well renegade kid did try and make dementium a good game
and they were sucessfull on that game
the gameplay was cool
and the graphics could have just a tiny bit better
and the story of that game is intresting

and i have played Moon and that was AMAZING!!
i absolutly LOVE that game
even though they was no online
they could have done like a multi-card play
or even a single-card play
but overall out of 10
i give this game..................9.6(cause of the multiplayer)
if there was multiplayer
give it a 10
and everyone would be playing it online too
there would never be a day when there wasn't anyone online
lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1