Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
thumb_header_logo.png.jpg

"We’ve posted about The Moon Books Project in the past. The site was originally offering books, videos and more for you to download and play on your DS. The site mysteriously vanished for awhile, but now it has returned. This time around, you actually have to pay to access the content. It’s still a great way to fill your DS will all sorts of entertaining goodies from the world of non-gaming…it just comes with a price!"

Official Site
Source

jos7960

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Guess what this means?

Everybody will pirate their content when someone has found a way to exploit their system and downloads everything.

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Front page:
QUOTE said:
JUST WHAT IS THIS 'MOON BOOKS' THING?
The Moon Books Project is a website that makes classic literature, films, and comics freely available for viewing on the Nintendo DS. All of this is also totally legal, and free.

=/

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just on the site, nothing seemed to suggest payed-content.
Though I find the concept of charging for homebrew and public-domain things deplorable (not to mention legally-questionable, considering he doesn't have the right to distribute a lot of things I have seen on the MoonBooks site, the last time I was there)

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Uh, this site was never really popular, despite how much effort (and I'm talking lots!) was put into it's promotion.
Sometimes you just have to let go. Besides, who uses DS for multimedia? That's so 2005.
rolleyes.gif

JDandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
jos7960 said:
Guess what this means?

Everybody will pirate their content when someone has found a way to exploit their system and downloads everything.

That would be true if Moonbooks had anything worth pirating. All their stuff is non-interesting.
I'd rather download all the books I could ever need for free from Bookchan.

bobslack

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well that's annoying.

Apparently whoever reported that news at gonintendo didn't really take the time to actually look at moon books.

The only thing I can guess is that they went to moon books, and immediately attempted to download something.

There has been a 'gold' system initiated, where members get 5000 gold to begin with, get 500 a day for visiting, and earn gold by participating in the forums, getting high scores in the games, etc. Downloads cost 100 gold. If you are not logged in, you have no gold.

IMO it's a nice way to both promote community activity and at the same time stop people from both hotlinking and non stop downloading.

So, just so everyone knows. Moon Books is, and will always be free.

Unfortunately we now have some bad press to try to fix.

BobSlack AKA Brandon (founder of Moon Books)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu