OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
monty.jpg

Monty Oum, the creator of RWBY from Rooster Teeth, was hospitalized on the 30th with a "Dire Condition". At the time, it was not known whether he would recover, however it seems now that he has passed away.

Burnie Burns said:
“It is with great regret that I must inform you that our co-worker and our dear friend, Monty Oum, has had a medical emergency. He is currently hospitalized in critical care and it is not known if he will recover. He is receiving the best medical care possible and is surrounded by both family and friends who love him very much. While we wanted you to know as soon as possible, we also have the utmost respect for Monty’s privacy and we hope you will understand and share in that respect.

Monty is a tremendous talent who has accomplished so much in his young life. He has an amazing creative ability and the drive to put it to use. That is a rare combination and we are proud to have shared in it. We expect that this news will be shocking to most of you and very difficult to process. It has been for many of us as well. Our hearts are with Monty, his wife Sheena and his brothers & sisters. They will need your good thoughts, your prayers, whatever kindness you have to offer.”
It's definitely a shame to hear about this, especially when he was quite young.

:arrow:Source

EDIT: Do note that currently Rooster Teeth is experiencing some traffic issues, so the source may take a while to load.

EDIT2: Quote from Rooster Teeth:

Our friend, inspiration and co-worker Monty Oum passed away yesterday afternoon at 4:34 PM surrounded by people who loved him very much. Ten days ago Monty suffered a severe allergic reaction during a simple medical procedure that left him in a coma. Although he fought bravely, his body was not able to recover. During his time in the hospital he was well cared for and never in pain at any time.

Monty is survived by his wife Sheena, his father Mony, his brothers Woody, Sey, Chivy and Neat, and his sisters Thea and Theary, as well as a countless number of fans and friends. We were so proud to be a part of his life and we will miss him greatly.

Your generosity during the hours after the public statement on Friday will help his family deal with the costs of his care and his passing. You made an incredible difference during a difficult time and we cannot thank you enough.

As for honoring Monty, we will do that in our own way. In lieu of flowers or gifts, we ask that you simply do something creative. Use your imagination to make the world a better place in any way that you can. If you know Monty like we do, then you know he would certainly be doing that if he were able to.

Monty was 33 years old.

We love you, Monty.

Reactions: chavosaur

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you Tom for posting this, I was just on my way to do the same.

Monty pioneered the blend of animation with machinima in Red Vs Blue, was an inspiration to aspiring animator a everywhere, and was a wonderful fucking person.

His loss is a tragedy to the RoosterTeeth community, and words can't describe my devastation at the news.

You will be miss Monty, your work is immortalized in the devotion you put into it, and we will never forget you <3

Reactions: Foxi4

haxan

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't believe that he's gone.
I remember watching Dead fantasy for the first time years ago and because of his work he inspired me so much.
RIP Monty:cry:
I wish if I had the chance to meet you in person :cry::cry:

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They don't want to say it was receiving a vaccine. That is my guess as to the "simple medical procedure that can cause an allergic reaction."

Multiboy2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG!
This is terrible terrible news. I was a big fan of ALL of his work. I cant believe this.
To those of you here who dont know him, please go to Youtube and look up, "Dead Fantasy". His work was absolutely breathtaking and his talent had no measure.

R.I.P. brother

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I know him from dead fantasy, one of the most epic fan video ever made. now we will never see the sequels...

for some reason I have suspicion he passed away because of overworking :(

EDIT: allergic reaction?? what kind of allergy that can kill people?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I know him from dead fantasy, one of the most epic fan video ever made. now we will never see the sequels...

for some reason I have suspicion he passed away because of overworking :(

EDIT: allergic reaction?? what kind of allergy that can kill people?
Peanuts, for one. People with a serious peanut allergy can die after eating like two peanuts. It's the only one I know that's both kind of common and lethal, but there are some very serious allergies out there.

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Any or better said all allergic reactions can cause someone to die just lactose, peanut and bee's are most common known to cause death. it depends on how severe your body counter reacts to the allergy, any food allergy can cause your throat to completely close. anything breathed can cause your air to close, any sting can swell to big for your blood or air to transport.

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Peanuts, for one. People with a serious peanut allergy can die after eating like two peanuts. It's the only one I know that's both kind of common and lethal, but there are some very serious allergies out there.
oh my gosh, I actually have a mild allergy to peanut butter but keep eating them. after reading this, I don't think I will ever eat another peanut for the rest of my life.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr