Monty Oum Has Passed Away

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
The allergic reaction occurred during the medical procedure according to the quote which means it was likely an unknown allergy to anesthesia that hadn't been caught before, likely because he had never had a medical procedure requiring it. That or it was antibiotics he was allergic to that he didn't know he was allergic to where the reaction wasn't caught fast enough due to the presence of anesthesia. As well, blood thinners could have been at fault. Quite a bit more medication than people think of can go into a medical procedure, and generally if there is an allergy to one, the others don't make it much better. Regardless, deaths from this allergy only affect about 3% to 6% of people according to Wikipedia, so although it is somewhat rare, it does happen.

RIP Monty

eriol33 - If your peanut allergy is mild, odds are that it won't just spike to deadly by pure magic one day. People die from severe allergic reactions everyday, but that's why people with severe documented allergic reactions carry around an epipen or two just in case. If you don't need to carry around an epipen, you're still fine treating your peanut allergy the same as you always have.

Reactions: eriol33

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This is really terrible news that struck without warning. I remember watching RvB way back in the day, when men were men, grasshoppers owned small businesses and YouTube was just picking up speed, but I left the series and I only returned to it recently to rewatch the whole thing from the beginning to end. Monty clearly made an impact on the series, he added a form of refinement and style that only he could deliver. Needless to say, I followed RvB up with RWBY and I fell in love with the guy's work. It's really heartbreaking to see him go at such a young age, fortunately I think he's achieved enough to ensure his own immortality in the hearts of his devoted fans. I'll keep on watching RWBY and I'll have him in my mind as I do so, I really hope his legacy lives on. Rest in peace, Monty - you're a huge inspiration to four fans.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1