• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 983
  • Replies 6
  • Likes 3
D

Deleted User

OP
I would like to propose the idea of introducing a few monthly "OTM"(of the month") events for this community so that we not only generate some friendly competition across the site but also give the members a chance to be recognized for their various talents.

Specifically, I would like to introduce this in 4 parts, which should be self-explanatory. If not, please do not hesitate to ask me to elaborate as I would be happy to do so,

Each of these monthly competitions would ideally work in two parts. The first being an open nominations thread for each of the categories so that the community can nominate their fellow members, and the second half being a polling thread where we would run a poll for the last 7-14 days of the month, voting on the top 3-5 nominations in the prior half of the month.

Member of the month would simply be a recognition of a community member who stood apart in the community during the month. They could stand out in a variety of ways such as a sheer amount of activity, contributions to the forums such as contributing support on a regular basis or making a lot of high-quality tutorials for the community.

Similar to Member of the month, Tutorial of the month is aimed to bring recognition to a community member who has made a great tutorial contribution that really stands out from the pact. This would be similar to the event we ran a few months back that @cracker won for his PCB etching thread

This would be a competition we could run each month, where we would have our community show off their various GFX skills.

We are a gaming community, so naturally, our community plays games pretty actively. Clip of the month would be the chance for you to show off all of your epic gamer moments and have a stage to show them off on.

Similar to AOTM(Artist of the month) this category would be directed towards video editing and would run off clips submitted from Clip of The Month(clip of the month) The winner edit could than be uploaded to the official GBATemp social profiles for more content.

Last edited by ,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I would like to propose the idea of introducing a few monthly "OTM"(of the month") events for this community so that we not only generate some friendly competition across the site but also give the members a chance to be recognized for their various talents.

Specifically, I would like to introduce this in 4 parts, which should be self-explanatory. If not, please do not hesitate to ask me to elaborate as I would be happy to do so,

Each of these monthly competitions would ideally work in two parts. The first being an open nominations thread for each of the categories so that the community can nominate their fellow members, and the second half being a polling thread where we would run a poll for the last 7-14 days of the month, voting on the top 3-5 nominations in the prior half of the month.

Member of the month would simply be a recognition of a community member who stood apart in the community during the month. They could stand out in a variety of ways such as a sheer amount of activity, contributions to the forums such as contributing support on a regular basis or making a lot of high-quality tutorials for the community.

Similar to Member of the month, Tutorial of the month is aimed to bring recognition to a community member who has made a great tutorial contribution that really stands out from the pact. This would be similar to the event we ran a few months back that @cracker won for his PCB etching thread

This would be a competition we could run each month, where we would have our community show off their various GFX skills.

We are a gaming community, so naturally, our community plays games pretty actively. Clip of the month would be the chance for you to show off all of your epic gamer moments and have a stage to show them off on.

Similar to AOTM(Artist of the month) this category would be directed towards video editing and would run off clips submitted from Clip of The Month(clip of the month) The winner edit could than be uploaded to the official GBATemp social profiles for more content.
I like the idea. Maybe artist of the month could be expanded to include music as well?

Reactions: Alexander1970
D

Deleted User

OP
I like the idea. Maybe artist of the month could be expanded to include music as well?
That could definitely be discussed if there is interest yes.

I feel like music would need to be judged differently however as people have very different musical tastes between each other

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
this sounds like fun! actually, right now nothing prevents you from doing it, right? if you want to, go ahead and do it :)
and if you expect some kind of endorsement from the forum staff, we can give you some front page spotlight somehow.
how about badges people can put in their signature after they win?

how about a "staff member of the month" category? (and if I don't win every month, you're banned)

Last edited by Costello,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
this sounds like fun! actually, right now nothing prevents you from doing it, right? if you want to, go ahead and do it :)
and if you expect some kind of endorsement from the forum staff, we can give you some front page spotlight somehow.

how about a "staff member of the month" category? (and if I don't win every month, you're banned)
Well technically you aren't a staff member, you are the big baows! And it would only be @Chary so it would be pointless :P

D

Deleted User

OP

All of these events with the exception of EOTM(Unless we can find clips elsewhere for month one and get permission) can be worked on ASAP.

I wasn't expecting any endorsement from forum staff but that would be great, as it would entice more members to enter, who otherwise may have not noticed the threads

Instead of signature badges that anyone would be able to add to their account, what if we went a step further? We could give the winners a unique banner/username color for a month after they win, and have their names documented in a "winners" thread? This might be a bit much for the first iteration, of course, but there is quite a bit of things we can do to hype up the community here!

Where would the nomination/polling threads go? The edge of the forum I assume?

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh