Monster Rancher DS Announced

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Hadrian, Mar 29, 2007.

Mar 29, 2007

Monster Rancher DS Announced by Hadrian at 11:38 PM (1,061 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Again from IGN:
    "Monster Rancher DS (or, as its called in Japan, Monster Farm DS) is a simulation game where players create and raise their own monsters, then face them off against CPU and human-controlled opponents.

Tecmo is using putting the DS to full use, primarily in how you go about creating your new friends. You can use the stylus to draw patterns, which are then converted into monsters. You can shout thing into the microphone to create another set of monsters. Or, if you still have Game Boy Advance carts about, these can be inserted into the Game Boy Advance cartridge slot for even more monsters; this takes the place of the CDs that were used to generate monsters in previous Monster Rancher games.

Once you've created a monster, you have a number of ways to train it. New to the DS version is a board game which you can play to raise your monster. Alternatively, you can select training options the old fashioned way, from a menu. Eventually, you'll be able to merge multiple monsters into a super monster and beign climbing the ranks of a monster tournament.

This first DS entry in the Monster Rancher series will feature Wi-Fi Connection compatibility. We presume this means you'll be able to challenge far-off friends to monster duels.

Monster Rancher hits the Japanese DS on 7/12. A US release has yet to be announced."

What would be better than having GBA cartridges to replace a CD, is if this game came with a GBA cart that had a USB lead attached so you can connect to a device to transfer MP3's so you could get monsters from them.

2. Ryoku

Member Ryoku GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Sounds interesting. I liked Monster Rancher. Though this board game sounds a little weird.

3. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
  4. stingfist

Newcomer stingfist Advanced Member

Turkey
    I....want....want....want....

5. corbs132

Member corbs132 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    GIMME NOW! RIGHT NOW!!!!

I loved the playstation and playstation 2 and gba versions, imagine with touch screen?

6. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Quite enjoyed the GBA version I played, guess this is another game to pay attention to.

7. paolo90

Newcomer paolo90 Advanced Member

Philippines
  8. SynGamer

Member SynGamer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Sounds great, but i don't have any GBA games left, just DS...so a little disappointed. Perhaps they could have somewhere where we could enter codes from our CDs and DVDs? UPC or something, i know there are codes around the inner part of the CD/DVD.

9. paolo90

Newcomer paolo90 Advanced Member

Philippines
    Now that I think of it... I wonder what a SLOT-2 flash cart would generate [​IMG]
    Hmmm... will the Supercard MiniSD produce a nice monster? More importantly... As much as I doubt it, will the SD Card have any effect on the monster produced? (Probably not though)

I'd highly appreciate it if somebody makes a save editor when this comes out, I mean, if the rare monsters mean buying cartridges, I won't do it [​IMG] hehe.

10. W hat

Member W hat Rhythm Heaven Fan

United States
    The rarest will be from the GBA Monster Rancher in slot 2. Or they could be mean and make it a really rare game.

11. ambitous21

Member ambitous21 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    i always liked monster rancher, and i played it on the psx.
    but one thing i hate was that your monster would always die in like.. 2 years.
    that just pisses me off
    and you gotta start all over again

12. EarthBound

Member EarthBound a/s/l?

United States
    I loved Monster Rancher 2 for the PSX =)

13. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    for this, maybe gba linkage would work?