Monster Hunter XX is coming to the Switch!!!

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by duffmmann, May 26, 2017.

1. duffmmann
    OP

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    So I think we all figured Monster Hunter would find its way to the Switch, but I'm surprised that its been confirmed to be happening so soon, especially on a day where people seemed unsure that Capcom would release anymore games on the Switch unless Street Fighter was a success (though that report did become clear that they're was some info lost in translation).

Anyway, source here: http://kotaku.com/monster-hunter-xx-is-coming-to-the-nintendo-switch-1795566595

I'm sure at this point its only a confirmation for Japan (the article isn't even detailed in that matter), but given how nearly every 3DS Monster Hunter so far has been getting localized, with no confirmation yet for XX, likely because XX is the newest game and it takes a while for confirmation that these games are getting localized, but I think its a safe bet that it will receive a western release.

[​IMG]

2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    I guess I have to get a Switch now

lcie nimbus and MajinCubyan like this.
  3. rileysrjay

rileysrjay GBAtemp's official vinsclone speedster!

Apr 2, 2016
    United States
    Central City
    Dang, you beat me to reporting this. :)
    Anyways, this might entice more people to buy a switch. It's kinda funny too because I saw on Reddit that Capcom was going to determine how they were going to support the switch based on the street fighter II: final challenger sales.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also wouldn't surprise me if we get an announcement for the west during Nintendo's E3 presentation.

4. Memoir

Memoir A Hero to Zero

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Wyoming
    Oh.. Oh my... Oh my god... Okay... Woo... I.. Uh... I can't wait!

Garblant and lcie nimbus like this.
  5. ov3rkill

ov3rkill GBAtemp Maniac

May 10, 2009
    Australia
    in a cardboard box
    I really do hope they will announce a western release. This might increase my interest in getting a Switch.

6. rileysrjay

Apr 2, 2016
    United States
    Central City
    Even if it isn't (which it will) this will still cause an increase of switch sales because switch is region free and people will just import like they did with disgaea 5.

cvskid and ov3rkill like this.
  7. keven3477

keven3477 Fresh Prince of Lemonade

Jul 12, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere you can never find.
    That's cool. I skipped generations because I believe I wouldn't have much time to play it and had other games I want finished, however as a switch game this got my interest to play it.

8. duffmmann
    OP

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    This was an initial poor translation that was later clarified with an updated translation. Essentially Capcom was actually saying that they aim to bring their games to all platforms and will continue to research all the platforms. And in terms of the Switch, they will plan their support of the system as they continue to research it. That last point was made in the same sentence where they talked about how Street Fighter was releasing this month, so the two points got kind of blended together and the initial translation made it sound like they would base their support of the system based on their research of how Street Fighter does on the system, but it was really saying that it would be based on their research of how the system (overall) continues to do.

azoreseuropa and rileysrjay like this.
  9. ov3rkill

ov3rkill GBAtemp Maniac

May 10, 2009
    Australia
    in a cardboard box
    Totally agree. That's the beauty of Switch being region free and buying games on different regions.

rileysrjay likes this.
  10. rileysrjay

Apr 2, 2016
    United States
    Central City
    Ah, thanks for clarifying me. Makes more sense than basing all of their support of the switch on the sales of a re-release.

duffmmann likes this.
  11. MajinCubyan

MajinCubyan The Funky Super Saiyan

GBAtemp Patron
    MajinCubyan is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 24, 2014
    United States
    Orre
    Hell. Yes. Hope it has like 3u with the save transfer between both versions.

12. NANASHI89

NANASHI89 GBAtemp Maniac

May 3, 2012
    United States
    I wanna see the God Eater series on the Switch, myself.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

13. Nemix77

Nemix77 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 30, 2009
    Canada
    Meh not news as I expected it to happen sooner or later regardless of the so called 'Ultra Street Fighter II sales' impacting Capcom's decision to support the Switch, the Switch is going to take over Japan as the dominate mobile gaming device either get 'N' or get out in this case it would be a major loss if Capcom decided not to port Monster Hunter over to the Switch.

14. whateverg1012

whateverg1012 Fringe Weaver

Sep 23, 2016
    United States
    Valhalla
    That situation was fake news.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...ms_statement_not_only_was_misinterpreted_but/

Capcom doesn't care about how Ultra Street Fighter does

SonyNintendoGamer1 and Nemix77 like this.
  15. Nemix77

Nemix77 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 30, 2009
    Canada
    whateverg1012 likes this.
  16. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    [​IMG]

The more 3DS/Switch ports we get the less I need to buy a Switch. Now if only Citra was at a more "consumer friendly" state.