Monster Hunter: World's next content update features a crossover with The Witcher 3

Soul Calibur VI won't be Geralt's only cameo appearance in other video games, as Capcom is planing to add The Witcher's hero as a playable character in Monster Hunter: World. This content will be added as a free update early next year, and will include bonus quests that players can take on while playing as Geralt, which feature special added RPG elements that are similar in gameplay to The Witcher 3. PlayStation 4 and Xbox One users will be first to receive the update, with a PC patch following shortly thereafter.

Together with Capcom, we’re presenting the crossover everyone’s been waiting for: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and Monster Hunter: World!

The collaboration sees Monster Hunter: World players take on the mantle of Geralt of Rivia, and has them take on a series of Witcher-inspired quests. These offer a unique gameplay experience blending RPG mechanics of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt with Monster Hunter: World’s game systems.

Reprising his role as the witcher is Doug Cockle — the English voice of Geralt of Rivia.

The Witcher-inspired content is coming to Monster Hunter: World on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in early 2019 as a free update, with the PC release to follow soon.

Additionally, a new game expansion will be made available in Fall 2019. Titled Iceborne, it will offer a brand new rank and quests to take on.

Exaltys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I feel like I'm being a stick in the mud but is anyone else getting crossover fatigue? Tekken, Soul Calibur, more 3rd party Smash fighters, and other games.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Couldn't care any less about crossovers, but according to that footnote which SHOULD have instead been thread-worthy over some stupid crossover, we are getting G-rank soon! FINALLY, about damn time, World right now has next to no post-game things to do besides just repetitive garbage and a handful of decent quests (hr100+ ones)! This is reason enough to get back into it, would be nice if we knew a date for the PC version though or if it's a new game rather than simple expansion, along with it's cost, but oh well, guess I'll wait...

PS: Most importantly, NARGACUGA IS BACK!\:D/

Last edited by ThoD,

Exaltys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Couldn't care any less about crossovers, but according to that footnote which SHOULD have instead been thread-worthy over some stupid crossover, we are getting G-rank soon! FINALLY, about damn time, World right now has next to no post-game things to do besides just repetitive garbage and a handful of decent quests (hr100+ ones)! This is reason enough to get back into it, would be nice if we knew a date for the PC version though or if it's a new game rather than simple expansion, along with it's cost, but oh well, guess I'll wait...

PS: Most importantly, NARGACUGA IS BACK!\:D/

I agree that the expansion is bigger news than the crossover. I think maybe Capcom is finally going the dlc route to g-rank.

If Narga is back, Tigrex is most certainly returning as well. Excited!

(I'm secretly hoping for Khezu to return. Best monster! Maybe Plesioth will return too!)

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I agree that the expansion is bigger news than the crossover. I think maybe Capcom is finally going the dlc route to g-rank.

If Narga is back, Tigrex is most certainly returning as well. Excited!

(I'm secretly hoping for Khezu to return. Best monster! Maybe Plesioth will return too!)
Screw Khezu, Gigginox is much better, especially Baleful one! Also, Tigrex is kinda meh, with the maps being all up and down with hardly any straight flatland areas, fighting tiggy is gonna be a pain once it starts dashing... Narga's erratic movements fit well though with the environment:P Other monsters they could add for the Tundra-like area should definitely be Jade Barroth, Barioth (along with Sand Barioth for the Desert), Lagombi, Glacial Agnaktor, etc., perhaps even some from Frontier like Toa Tesukatora (Ice Teostra basically)!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1