Monster Hunter World Open Beta starts tomorrow

Starting from tomorrow, PlayStation Plus users from around the world can experience three fearsome quests as they join up with other hunters online or take on the beasts alone in the exclusive beta for Monster Hunter: World.
The beta is available for pre-load now and quests will start from 17.00 GMT / 18.00 CET on Saturday December 9th running through till 17.00 GMT / 18.00 CET on Tuesday 12th December.

Hunters participating in the beta can tackle three monsters across three different quests and visit two environments from the upcoming title release. In the Ancient Forest you can hunt the hungry Great Jagras, a scavenger capable of swallowing other monsters whole, or the fiery and territorial Anjanath, both of which roam the dense and complex eco-system within the environment. For those feeling brave enough they can adventure to the desert land of the Wildspire Waste where the armored Barroth can be found lurking in the muddy waters, waiting to unleash its devastating charge attack on hunters.

Each quest can be played alone in single player or with a group of up to three other hunters online. You can choose from 14 different weapon types based on your preferred play style, which you can change any time during quests at the camp. If you want to try any weapons out before heading off on your quest then visit the training room.

Monster Hunter: World will be launching globally on January 26th, 2018.

:arrow:Monster Hunter World Official Site

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Ugh, recently the new MH games don't appeal me at all, they lost their charm for me...
Sorry but I'll pass on this one like I did with Generations and XX
(I'm now slowly considering me ex-fan of the series because of that)

Reactions: DarthDub

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ugh, recently the new MH games don't appeal me at all, they lost their charm for me...
Sorry but I'll pass on this one like I did with Generations and XX
(I'm now slowly considering me ex-fan of the series because of that)
As someone who has been playing MH since day one (MH1 on Japanese PS2), MHGen and XX are NOT fun games! To "balance" the Hunter Arts and Hunting Styles they made a LOT of monsters REALLY annoying and spammy, taking away all the fun and turning almost every hunt into a chore! Anyway, try MHWorld as it's going back to more "true" MH fashion, being like 4U, just vastly larger and just adds some more moves for the most part. Let's just hope there won't be anything like deviant, hyper or apex systems as those don't make the game harder, just more annoying...

Reactions: DarthDub

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
As someone who has been playing MH since day one (MH1 on Japanese PS2), MHGen and XX are NOT fun games! To "balance" the Hunter Arts and Hunting Styles they made a LOT of monsters REALLY annoying and spammy, taking away all the fun and turning almost every hunt into a chore! Anyway, try MHWorld as it's going back to more "true" MH fashion, being like 4U, just vastly larger and just adds some more moves for the most part. Let's just hope there won't be anything like deviant, hyper or apex systems as those don't make the game harder, just more annoying...
I also started with MH1 on PS2, but my PS4 is still waiting on 4.73 since I don't play online at all, and if this game is like 4U, given that I didn't enjoy that game really much, that doesn't make me wanna update and try MHW really

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I also started with MH1 on PS2, but my PS4 is still waiting on 4.73 since I don't play online at all, and if this game is like 4U, given that I didn't enjoy that game really much, that doesn't make me wanna update and try MHW really
Only bad things about 4U were apexes, the maps being 99% ledges and canopy traps being too OP... Why didn't you like it? It's MUCH better than Gen/XX, although the worst of the classic MH games. MHP3rd and MH3U are by far my favorites!

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Only bad things about 4U were apexes, the maps being 99% ledges and canopy traps being too OP... Why didn't you like it? It's MUCH better than Gen/XX, although the worst of the classic MH games. MHP3rd and MH3U are by far my favorites!
I didn't like 4U because it focused a lot on the new things that were added, the maps were way too vertical oriented, which made navigating through them a pain in the butt imo.
I still prefer MHFU over any of them

Reactions: ThoD

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No thanks. Tried ultimate 3 on the 3ds because many sites falsely stated it had mulitplayer and it was an epic fail. first big monster, i guess you'd call it a boss in other games, was a water fuck whom kept either running away or one shot me. Without any special moves and combos the thing was impossible to kill. Fuck that bull. I don't see how this f- grade hack and slash keeps coming back.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
No thanks. Tried ultimate 3 on the 3ds because many sites falsely stated it had mulitplayer and it was an epic fail. first big monster, i guess you'd call it a boss in other games, was a water fuck whom kept either running away or one shot me. Without any special moves and combos the thing was impossible to kill. Fuck that bull. I don't see how this f- grade hack and slash keeps coming back.
First of all, water monster? If you are talking about Lagiacrus at 3 star village, then you are INSISTENTLY TOLD by the NPCs to not fight it and instead to run away!:P If you are talking about Royal Ludroth though, that's on you. As for the hack and slash part, MH is NOT hack and slash, it's all about aiming your attacks, knowing when to attack and when to hold back, knowing how to dodge, how the monsters behave and so on, don't lump it together with hack and slash games!

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It's actually really sad when a multiplatform release gets a single platform beta.
It's even sadder how multiplatform releases are always prioritizing consoles over PC! Why even make the game for consoles first then port to PC by trying to enhance it rather than making a proper enhanced version straight from the start for PC and then dumping it down for consoles? It's MUCH easier to do and only poses a slight financial risk because of marketing...

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
It's even sadder how multiplatform releases are always prioritizing consoles over PC! Why even make the game for consoles first then port to PC by trying to enhance it rather than making a proper enhanced version straight from the start for PC and then dumping it down for consoles? It's MUCH easier to do and only poses a slight financial risk because of marketing...
Because the console market allows for better sales of certain franchises.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol