Monster Hunter World Open Beta starts tomorrow

Starting from tomorrow, PlayStation Plus users from around the world can experience three fearsome quests as they join up with other hunters online or take on the beasts alone in the exclusive beta for Monster Hunter: World.
The beta is available for pre-load now and quests will start from 17.00 GMT / 18.00 CET on Saturday December 9th running through till 17.00 GMT / 18.00 CET on Tuesday 12th December.

Hunters participating in the beta can tackle three monsters across three different quests and visit two environments from the upcoming title release. In the Ancient Forest you can hunt the hungry Great Jagras, a scavenger capable of swallowing other monsters whole, or the fiery and territorial Anjanath, both of which roam the dense and complex eco-system within the environment. For those feeling brave enough they can adventure to the desert land of the Wildspire Waste where the armored Barroth can be found lurking in the muddy waters, waiting to unleash its devastating charge attack on hunters.

Each quest can be played alone in single player or with a group of up to three other hunters online. You can choose from 14 different weapon types based on your preferred play style, which you can change any time during quests at the camp. If you want to try any weapons out before heading off on your quest then visit the training room.

Monster Hunter: World will be launching globally on January 26th, 2018.

:arrow:Monster Hunter World Official Site

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Because the console market allows for better sales of certain franchises.
No it doesn't. The reason they do it like this is because they know that people want the game badly, so they will have to get the console versions, then buy it again for PC, effectively selling it twice to the same crowd. It's a dirty practice!

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Give us PC beta, or give us death.

so I can see how big of a piece of crap this game is, like all other MH games. Videos of the gameplay so far look to confirm it's the same old piece of crap gameplay wise. Looks pretty, though.
Looks like Dauntless will win best MH game.

Mefisteso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Oh but we have more than 3 large monsters in this demo. In fact there are 6 total. Some are not the main objectives though, but seeing as you don't get any rewards anyway (except for clearing all the quests once, it will give some bonuses in the full version) you can also hunt for them.

1. In the first/third quest there is a bonus Rathalos. He's usually flying around his nest, so try to start at the higher level camp. At first it might be tough to find an entrance to his nest, but it's damn worth it. The fight is fantastic, kinda tough compared to the main quests and you'll be surprised a lot!
We've been hunting for him in a team of four people. 1 LBG, 2 HBG and me with an Insect Glaive(which feels awesome in this game), because the flashbombs (or actually the flash pods) are not in the default inventory and there is not enough time to gather enough flashbugs.

2. In the second quest, where the desert is, you are supposed to fight Barroth, but you can go instead for Diablos! He's usually in a sand cave on the lower level. I think you can get there by a shortcut from the 1st camp. Try to utilize new flashfly mechanic for some free flashbomb effect.

3. In the desert area there is also a large 'mud fish' monster (can't remember the name). It's not too tough to deal with, but it's quite formidable opponent and it has some fantastic interaction with other monsters (not gonna spoil it, you have to see it)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No thanks. Tried ultimate 3 on the 3ds because many sites falsely stated it had mulitplayer and it was an epic fail. first big monster, i guess you'd call it a boss in other games, was a water fuck whom kept either running away or one shot me. Without any special moves and combos the thing was impossible to kill. Fuck that bull. I don't see how this f- grade hack and slash keeps coming back.
Falsely? The game does have multiplayer, it doesn't have Nintendo Network support without the Wii U app though.

Reactions: ThoD and Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
No it doesn't. The reason they do it like this is because they know that people want the game badly, so they will have to get the console versions, then buy it again for PC, effectively selling it twice to the same crowd. It's a dirty practice!
I don't know. A sure sale on consoles would sway me to develop for those platforms first. I remember when games got ported to console, not the other way around.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I don't know. A sure sale on consoles would sway me to develop for those platforms first. I remember when games got ported to console, not the other way around.
It's even more of a sure sale on PC actually since it's guaranteed to be better (reason PC release is behind is because they want to make it perfect), so instead of making the game for consoles then having to improve it for PC is a waste, just make it for PC first, then dump it down for consoles. That way you can potentially fit even more stuff in the console versions:P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there