Hacking Monster Hunter Ultimate 4 and Super Smash Bros. give me black screen after opening them with Gateway

Salamandra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Yes, I have a 4GB sd card with 2GB free.
I formatted my EmuNAND and tried updating it to 10-3.0-28 and the rom selector wouldn't work, so I reformatted it to 4.3.0-10.
Could that be the problem?

What if I use a .cia file to install it on my sd card? The problem is I can't try because my sd card is only 4gb, it needs 3gb to hold the .cia file and 3gb more to install it.

What reason would there be for the black screen after turning on the game? All other games work fine.

EDIT: Also, my SysNAND is 4.3.0

Last edited by Salamandra,
D

Deleted User

- Use launcher 3.5.1, this should fix you problem
- Black screen for a few seconds is normal, these 2 games you mention reboot the 3DS kind of because they require more memory.

Salamandra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I switched from launcher 3.4.1 to 3.5.1, same problem.
I've left it on the blackscreen for a solid 5 minutes now, nothing.

D

Deleted User

I tested MH4 here with 3.5.1, works fine on o3ds 10.3 emunand.

Not sure what your issue is. Are you still on sysnand 4.3? Try updating your emunand again.
Other than that, try with another microSD card?

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is your emunand at?

To quote my reddit post:
You don't need double the cia size to install. FBI cia installer has an option to install a cia over your network.. I believe it's the Y button?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-socketpunch-gui-alternative-to-fbis-sockfile.386762/ There's a nice clean gui you can use with it, just make sure you have prompts disabled in the network transfer in FBI or you will probably error out.

For something as large as MonHun.. this will probably take hours to transfer, but I do use this to install files that size all the time when I'm close to full on my emunand.

Edit: As far as black screens, I'm not sure about gateway carts, but if you are launching them from a CFW in emunand from a firmware that's lower than what they are compatible with this could be happening. In which case I'd suggest probably unlinking your nands and updating your emunand to allow newer games to launch.

Last edited by jaksy,

Varia

Trophies
XP
Country
You were using an old launcher with 10.3, that's why the rom selection menu didn't work.
Just update the emunand back to the latest version and it'll work fine.

Salamandra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
My emunand is at 4.3.0-10U now, after I formatted it.
I tried updating the emunand twice now to the latest version but pressing select wouldn't open the rom menu, it's a known issue with that version of emunand, and I can't find a way to download a slightly older version.

EDIT: I'll try what Varia told me to do now.

Salamandra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Of course. I didn't mean to exclude, it's just that being inexperienced I didn't know the reason why 10.3 didn't work, you've all been a great help. I've updating now, i'll let you know if it works. ^^

EDIT: I didn't see your edit the first time you posted, sorry about that.
EDIT2: It worked! Thank you so much for the help json, jaksy and Varia!! :lol::lol:

Last edited by Salamandra,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.