Gaming Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate - Temp Hunters Guild

adambomb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my g rank solo update..

on dire miralis. been wanting to get the final blos GS before i fight him, plenty of hardhorns but i still need lg wyvern stones.. of course.. spent probably about 12 hours farming for them. got one, accidentally used it. so need 2 still. been doing the dual green plesioth advanced and carving for them. holy god i hate his tail with a passion. it comes out so fast. the water fight isn't too bad, i can camp his belly mostly but i hate water battles. quest gives 4 5% chances for carved stones per plesi, AND both rows A and B have a 5% for stones.

also, pissed off i didn't know the changed crit draw so it just gives you 100% affinity on draw instead of guaranteed crits.

current set is skilled for

crit draw
quick sheath
sharpness + 1
earplugs
tremor res

might drop quick sheath and tremor res for hge for the miralis fight. i imagine he roars kinda loud.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got a question y'all.
I plan on farming some more Lagiacrus parts to complete my Lagiacrus set.
And I also want to start using a light bowgun for a little while so I can use some better shots to take advantage of weaknesses.
So first things first, what light bowgun would be better to use, Valkyrie Fire or The Lagia Blitz?
Second, should I choose to use either, what jewel decorations would be good to use to boost the ability of the bowgun?

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
High Rank isn't really as hard as I expected after finally making my Bone S Armor. Just weird getting used to the same monsters having brand new moves/elements.

Made a crapton of Switch Axes and Hunting Horns, I think I have damn near every one it would be possible for me to have at this point. (Excluding a few that required plates)

Currently trying to either rush up to the next village rank or HR4, my main Horn (And like 3 other powerful weapons), all require Volvidon + parts.

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not even sure what low rank armor I need to grab, none of them are particularly appealing?

DaggerV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no problem killing him or anything, but is there a more effective way of farming Barroth's ridges?

DaggerV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just made shock traps to take with me actually. I can kill him quickly, but it adds a bit of time for me when I need to farm him for the ridges :P

Reactions: chavosaur

DaggerV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going to wait till near christmas to get a wiiu, but I'm considering getting one in next few months instead so I can do online.

DaggerV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're not alone haha. I have all these awesome weapons, but looking at armors, I just shrug at them, eat a big meal, then go back to slaying.

Reactions: raulpica

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You're not alone haha. I have all these awesome weapons, but looking at armors, I just shrug at them, eat a big meal, then go back to slaying.
It's just that you get all those skills, resistances, you don't ever know if that Armor set is going to be good, so you just want to forget about them :P

With weapons it's another matter entirely, there are upgrades, you got to do them, and that's it :P

DaggerV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm finally settling on barroth armor for now i think, but I'm about to hit next tier so I may just skip it altogether.

Reactions: chavosaur

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just that you get all those skills, resistances, you don't ever know if that Armor set is going to be good, so you just want to forget about them :P

With weapons it's another matter entirely, there are upgrades, you got to do them, and that's it :P

http://mhag.info/mhtriu/main.htm

That lets you plan out your entire armor set, down to charms and decorations, so you know exactly where you're going before you get there--or even leave.

DaggerV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got my armor, woot woot! Takes me about 10-15 with a hammer, but only about 5-10 with a Long Sword. Once I got all I needed from his head I just unload on him.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.