bross30

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Hey there,

Firstly my Wii version is 4.1e with a Wiikey Fusion hard mod and a rev 17 soft mod.
It played disks (backups also) and .wad files just fine until my official MH3 game got stuck yesterday.
When I try to load the disc channel the Wii simply says "Please insert disc".

I also noticed when I first turn my system on the Wii drive flashes blue and three clacking noises are made.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXHmQr1Zu-k...feature=related
VERY MUCH like this video. Also the drive is not spinning just like his.
However, mine seems to be stuck and his is loading and ejecting normally. Also I think the laser makes the 'clack clack clack' noise whenever there is no disc inserted.
I am absolutely positive my Monster Hunter Tri game is in there lol.

I also found a program that's supposed to force the drive to eject if it is indeed a software problem.
http://dl.qj.net/download/eject-dvd-v01.html (that's the file)
But when I load this file in the home brew channel I also get the message "There is no disc in the drive"

Okay so after my research I have come to the slight conclusion that the game I inserted simply didn't lock into place properly.
(I've tried tipping the Wii upright and pressing eject as Nintendo suggest but no dice)
If this is the case can anyone out there help me find a guide for taking apart the dvd drive to retrieve my game.
Also any other theories you have I would love to hear them.
I'm almost certain that if I can get this game out, it will re-insert with no problems.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Well, just get a Triwing screwdriver and open it up
smile.gif

bross30

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
hahaha That's the plan so far.
I haven't ever opened the actual dvd drive component tho. That's the only thing that's concerning me.
There seems to be absolutely no guides on how to pull a disc out of the dvd drive.

Does anyone out there know exactly how to do this?

bross30

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
lol I'm opening my wii again now. lol I'll let ya all know how it turns out.
May end up having to replace the drive if it doesn't work. Anyone know how much a new wii drive would be for a gen 2 model?

bross30

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Okay so I removed the game disk. Put the wii back together but now another obstacle.
Two white shutters are in the way.

Should I break them off?
I've read somewhere that i'd have to.
O_O

btw Great help you lot have been lol

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The shutters are in the way? I can only really see that being a problem if you didn't put the Wii back together correctly (I haven't taken my Wii apart before but I have looked into quite abit). I'm sure if you take the Wii apart again and reposition the shutters evertyhing should go back in fine.
EDIT:-
Also being mid week and during the day most people with the most knowledge on Wii's are most probably working.

bross30

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Yeah my first reaction was to open up the console and dig around in the drive again.
These shutters are steel prongs that seem to protrude from the bottom of the drive. The cannot be pushed in any direction.
Since the tips of the metal prongs are the only thing blocking the disks from getting into the drive I'm going to buy some scissors to remove the part that's blocking them.

If I find that the drive STILL doesn't let me insert games I'll probably have to buy a new drive...

If ANYONE knows any reason why I shouldn't remove those metal blockers please don't hesitate to reply before I go breaking my wii's drive beyond all repair.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
nah, do not cut or break anything...

Just make sure everything fits smooth in.

I´ve done this several times, all should fit nice.

BTW when your Wii is open already and considering it pisses you off that a disc can stuck in the drive, take a look here
wink.gif
:

http://www.d2sun.com/sundriver.htm

biggrin.gif

bross30

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Neat, they actually have harddrive loaders.

That's probably even better than the 32 gb iso loader of the wiikey fusion.
But I'd probably never fill the 1TB of space lol

btw has anyone else seen these shutters at work. I'm trying to find a vid of what role they actually play.
If they're just attachments to stop other disks from being inserted there should be no harm done by removing the tips of them.
Just enough to allow passage into the DVD drive.

bross30

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I fixed the issue by opening the Wii then opening the DVDdrive.
I then inserted a game and turned the Wii on via it's power cord.
Then strangely the laser started reading.
I pressed eject and viola!
All I had to do then was get the DVD drive cover back on with exactly the right pressure.
Too tight would cause the laser to stop reading. Too loose would cause the eject system to malfunction.

Any who, hopefully this helps others whose DVD isn't picked up by their Wii and you're out of warranty.
Instead of paying the 200 bucks for the replacement DVDdrive, open it up and turn the power on.
The problem will usually become clear.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1