Monster Hunter Tri Ports

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by LuigiPT, Apr 27, 2010.

1. LuigiPT
    OP

LuigiPT GBAtemp Regular

Nov 17, 2009
    It seems I'm having a problem connecting to online games. I can access all the internet channels (Internet, Nintendo, News, etc) but can't connect to any game server. My bet is that my network have those ports blocked.

Is there a way to know what ports the Wii use to connect to the Monster Hunter Trii servers so I could open them?

2. LuigiPT
    OP

LuigiPT GBAtemp Regular

Nov 17, 2009
    I'm pretty sure the problem must be on my end.
    I tried The Conduit, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart Wii and all ended up with a 61010 erro.
    Monster Hunter Tri brakes at 65% and gives me a 11617 error. I never went online in MHT like those in that thread.

And since my network has almost every port blocked with the exception of http and others I really thing it's a port problem. :S

3. LuigiPT
    OP

LuigiPT GBAtemp Regular

Nov 17, 2009
    No, it's my first time going online. And having all the 4 games not working is a really big coincidence.
    Does any one know the ports so I could atleast give it a try?

4. LuigiPT
    OP

LuigiPT GBAtemp Regular

Nov 17, 2009
    Don't want to rush anyone but can someone at least tell me how could I get this information?

5. gameking66

gameking66 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 9, 2010
    United States
    I'm pretty sure it uses the most commonly opened ports... like 80, 8080, 21, 25.

6. ddetkowski

ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 15, 2009
    United States
    United States
    As deadlyfoes said, its not on your end, its the servers, most people had problems getting online with games recently.
    I can atest for that, I tried playing MH3 2 days ago, all was fine, yesterday and today, my Wii can't connect......
    And I have'nt changed anything since day 1.
    Just wait it out.......

7. LuigiPT
    OP

LuigiPT GBAtemp Regular

Nov 17, 2009
    I still pretty sure the problem is on my end.
    Forgot to mention a detail, tried with other games like Mario Kart Wii, SSBB and The Conduit and couldn't connect to any of those, they all gave me a 61010 error. Monster Hunter Tri gave me a 11617 error, still haven't see anyone with that error number... :S

I need to be sure that those are the ones. Since I'm not the administrator of the network I can't just do trial-and-error, I have to know for sure when I ask to open them.

8. foxgrey

foxgrey GBAtemp Regular

Nov 15, 2008
    United States
    on the nintendo site they list the following

[​IMG]

9. taktularCBo

taktularCBo GBAtemp Fan

Nov 8, 2009
    France
    MH3 is using capcom servers not the servers from nintendo