Gaming monster hunter tri keep items when you fail a quest?

awsome8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I want to upgrade my switch axe to a bolt axe and I need one more lagiacrus tail to upgrade. now I of course need to cut off his tail but I don't want to kill him again coz it took AGES!! so if I carve his tail and then fail the quest, do I keep the tail?

NeoMatrix2525

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if you carve the tail, and then faint 3 times, then yes, you'll have the tail in your inventory. As I'm sure you're aware, you'll lose the money you spent on the quest, and any items you used. If, instead, you bring up the menu after you carve the tail and select abandon, you'll lose everything you acquired in the quest, including any carved parts. It's like you never started the quest in the first place.

So, to keep it simple: dying until you fail works. abandoning doesn't work.

Aside from that, may I suggest you start playing online if you haven't? I usually take lagi down in ten minutes or so with a good team. Good luck!

kaizer3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
1 quickie question: do i need to pay to be online like psn network? or issit like any mario kart wii? only wifi is needed and you can play for free?

DarkFocus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kaizer3000 said:
1 quickie question: do i need to pay to be online like psn network? or issit like any mario kart wii? only wifi is needed and you can play for free?

psn has free online multiplayer, methinks you mean xbox live and no you don't have to pay.

EriktheRed

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alternatively you could always cut off the tail and then go back to camp and end via subquest. You still get a (smaller) reward and get to keep everything without having to die three times.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With uremum