Monster Hunter Tri - Getting it working while keeping both usb

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by WalkerD, Sep 7, 2010.

1. WalkerD
    OP

WalkerD GBAtemp Regular

Oct 1, 2008
    Canada
    Just a few precursors to this
    • I know this topic has been discussed before, but searching for the solution is troublesome considering the amount of topics about this and the specifics of the question
    • Some of the terms I use here may not sound exactly correct, I've been out of the scene for a while so I'm a little rusty
    With that out of the way, I present you with my question.

So I distinctly remember at the time of Monster Hunter Tri's release, I was able to play the game off USB, while having a USB keyboard plugged into the second port. Well today for the first time since the month of the game's release, I tried to play the game online, only to come to the realization that my updated cIOS was now incompatible with the game. I quickly took a look into the archives here on GBAtemp to find the cIOS I needed to get the game working again, upon reading that I should reinstall cIOSX19 using 249 with ios 37, I promptly did so and found that the game WAS working again, but support for the Wii's second USB port wasn't part of this cIOS. So I humbly ask the users of GBAtemp to help me with this problem, I know at one point, it was in fact possible to play MH3 off of a USB drive and use a USB keyboard to chat online.

Thanks for the help in advance guys. [​IMG]

2. cobleman

cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2009
    Australia
    Hermes v4 222 base 37/38 plays the game just fine

3. turbotronic

turbotronic GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    Germany
    keyboard plugged in usb port 1 works for me under ciosx19 b37. so your problem is not cios related i think.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice