Monster Hunter Tri - Getting it working while keeping both usb

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by WalkerD, Sep 7, 2010.

1. WalkerD
    OP

Member WalkerD GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Just a few precursors to this
    • I know this topic has been discussed before, but searching for the solution is troublesome considering the amount of topics about this and the specifics of the question
    • Some of the terms I use here may not sound exactly correct, I've been out of the scene for a while so I'm a little rusty
    With that out of the way, I present you with my question.

So I distinctly remember at the time of Monster Hunter Tri's release, I was able to play the game off USB, while having a USB keyboard plugged into the second port. Well today for the first time since the month of the game's release, I tried to play the game online, only to come to the realization that my updated cIOS was now incompatible with the game. I quickly took a look into the archives here on GBAtemp to find the cIOS I needed to get the game working again, upon reading that I should reinstall cIOSX19 using 249 with ios 37, I promptly did so and found that the game WAS working again, but support for the Wii's second USB port wasn't part of this cIOS. So I humbly ask the users of GBAtemp to help me with this problem, I know at one point, it was in fact possible to play MH3 off of a USB drive and use a USB keyboard to chat online.

Thanks for the help in advance guys. [​IMG]

2. cobleman

Member cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Hermes v4 222 base 37/38 plays the game just fine

3. turbotronic

Newcomer turbotronic Advanced Member

Germany
    keyboard plugged in usb port 1 works for me under ciosx19 b37. so your problem is not cios related i think.