Hacking Monster Hunter Tri black screen on boot

samemind

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've just now helped my friend get his Wii homebrew ready, but we've run across a bothersome problem. He brought his Wii over so I could "fix" it, and he had his own SD and USB device. That way I had the luxury making several tests.

Alright, so the problem is this. When we try to run Monster Hunter Tri from his USB device, the strap loader screen never even comes up. The screen stays black and the light on his Wii stays lit up. Every other game on his USB device worked. Yes, I did set the settings in USB loader GX correctly, yes I did intall hermes CIOS223. When I put my USB drive, Monster Hunter Tri ran fine. Same settings, same Wii, same SD card. I even tried copying from my own USB to his if for whatever reason the backup I have on my HD was corrupted or whatever. We also tried every possible combination. My SD, his Wii, his USB, my USB, my Wii, his SD.

Mine always worked, his never worked. I conclude that his USB device is incompatible with Hermes cIOS. It was a Dane-Elec brand device.

I come here for a second opionion.

samemind

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pardon the doubt I place on your advice, but have you personally done this with Monster Hunter Tri or can confirm it works? Everywhere I've read it seems Monster Hunter works very specifically only with Hermes cIOS223v4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM