Monster Hunter Rise PC version confirmed, set to release in 2022

maxresdefault.jpg

The cat, er Palico, has sort of already been out of the bag, after the Capcom hack that saw company secrets and upcoming plans spoiled, but Monster Hunter Rise's producer has finally given official word that the game will be coming to another platform. IGN spoke to Capcom's Ryozo Tsujimoto, who stated that after a deluge of fan outcry from players in the west, Monster Hunter Rise will be getting a PC version in early 2022. That's all that was said, but now players can stop wondering as to the if and when regarding the latest Monster Hunter game on platforms other than the Nintendo Switch. On that front, the Switch version of Monster Hunter Rise will be out on March 26, 2021.

“We received a lot of requests for a PC version of Monster Hunter Rise, particularly from overseas players, and so we have decided to develop a version for PC, which we aim to release in early 2022,” said Tsujimoto. “This is still under development, so I’d like to share more detailed information when the time is right.”

:arrow: Source: Exclusive IGN Japan interview

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice, can't wait for that 1 year gap in content.

This is nice for those that want to play it on PC instead. But I'll stick with the Switch version unless there happens to be cross-play/cross-save implemented on both versions. To which then I'll double dip on it.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, I'll be playing it on the switch. I love my handheld games.
Wasn't that big on MH World tbh.

I did preorder the collectors edition for the switch.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
PC users love waiting 12 months to play good games.
If twelve months means the difference between running the game at 900p, 20-30 FPS and running it at 1440p, 144 FPS, then yeah it's usually worth the wait. Not to mention it'll probably debut on PC at $30 or $40, and you'll be able to get it even cheaper than that from GMG or Humble. It's not exactly a new revelation that Nintendo doesn't handle third-party titles too well.

Reactions: DarkCoffe64

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I remember seeing a post on it a while ago pointing out the dragon heads in each logo (World included). I don't see any with Rise so that's where my assumption is founded. Could always be wrong though!
Hi that would be my post. Rise indeed looks to be a side-game. They only started with these "Side-non-G-Rank" entries with Generations/Ultimate, so it seems they decided to add one major title between every generation, or maybe they did it simply cause of the change in hardware semi-necessitating they do so to help with parsing time to produce more monsters.

The info about Dragon Heads seems to have came from an interview or databook like thing, probably back during Generations (Cross, in JP) or Generations Ultimate (Double Cross). This info was posted by GaijinHunter, one of the biggest known names in the Western fandom (even if he lives in Japan). (EDIT: To clarify: Gaijin doesn't post wrong information. All his info comes from Databooks or Interviews/Promo Videos, OR, he specifies is speculation).

Well, wiki said otherwise. However, I read and Capcom did say that they're not going to use number titles anymore anyway.

The Wiki. You trust a wiki. Yeaaah... Imma let you just sit there and consider how dumb that actually sounds on paper considering what a mess Wiki is.

EDIT 2:
Here we go:
https://twitter.com/aevanko/status/1293011637188718592?s=20

Edit 2.5: This implies Capcom announced the dragon heads being a generational thing during one of their pre-release statements about the game? I needa look more into it, but there you go.

EDIT 2.75 - According to what I'm reading up, they stopped using numbers because, quote: "they didn't want the big # to scare off new players who thought they'd need to play through multiple games to join in".

Last edited by VartioArtel,

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi that would be my post. Rise indeed looks to be a side-game. They only started with these "Side-non-G-Rank" entries with Generations/Ultimate, so it seems they decided to add one major title between every generation, or maybe they did it simply cause of the change in hardware semi-necessitating they do so to help with parsing time to produce more monsters.

The info about Dragon Heads seems to have came from an interview or databook like thing, probably back during Generations (Cross, in JP) or Generations Ultimate (Double Cross). This info was posted by GaijinHunter, one of the biggest known names in the Western fandom (even if he lives in Japan). (EDIT: To clarify: Gaijin doesn't post wrong information. All his info comes from Databooks or Interviews/Promo Videos, OR, he specifies is speculation).

The Wiki. You trust a wiki. Yeaaah... Imma let you just sit there and consider how dumb that actually sounds on paper considering what a mess Wiki is.

EDIT 2:
Here we go:
https://twitter.com/aevanko/status/1293011637188718592?s=20

Edit 2.5: This implies Capcom announced the dragon heads being a generational thing during one of their pre-release statements about the game? I needa look more into it, but there you go.

EDIT 2.75 - According to what I'm reading up, they stopped using numbers because, quote: "they didn't want the big # to scare off new players who thought they'd need to play through multiple games to join in".
YES! That's the tweet I was thinking of! Thanks for posting it lol

ucupetuks

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
If twelve months means the difference between running the game at 900p, 20-30 FPS and running it at 1440p, 144 FPS, then yeah it's usually worth the wait. Not to mention it'll probably debut on PC at $30 or $40, and you'll be able to get it even cheaper than that from GMG or Humble. It's not exactly a new revelation that Nintendo doesn't handle third-party titles too well.
the game run at 756p and 30-40fps, i'm expecting massive uplift on pc when it release so i can play on 4k screen, but still i play first on switch lite with oveclock to run more crispy

Reactions: Xzi
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Don't forget a better and free online for sure.
Ninty goes around saying they want to improver their online, but I ain't believing a word of what they say.
Also lmao at the people that ain't liking the game coming to pc, what's your beef? Is not like the game's gonna get removed on your shitch or what

Reactions: Xzi

Deleted member 532471

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a feeling that this game's graphic is going to be huge different than Switch version. Since PC is very powerful system than Nintendo Switch. I have this game on my Nintendo Switch. It would be very interested to compared those two. I am keeping my eyes on it next year just to compared two versions.
it wont
the switch is holding back the graphics of the entire industry not to show how underpowered it is
nintendo is literally paying devs for it

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
it wont
the switch is holding back the graphics of the entire industry not to show how underpowered it is
lol what. BIG GRAFIX is basically the selling point of the PS5 and XBSX|S, nobody is being held back. Different platforms just have different priorities. I'm sure Nintendo would be happy with PS5 performance on a handheld, but it just isn't feasible at the moment.

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it wont
That makes no sense, you can clearly see how Switch graphics are worse in every single multi-platform game.

Reactions: Scarlet

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok we'll enjoy waiting until 2022 I guess lol

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok we'll enjoy waiting until 2022 I guess lol

It´s ok if you wait but dont expect the game for 30-40 bucks like the other user said. It will be 60 $ or more and we need to confirm if it will have G/Master rank locked for you to spend another 60 $ or more to unlock it (The same as in Monster Hunter World)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh