Monster Hunter Rise PC version confirmed, set to release in 2022

maxresdefault.jpg

The cat, er Palico, has sort of already been out of the bag, after the Capcom hack that saw company secrets and upcoming plans spoiled, but Monster Hunter Rise's producer has finally given official word that the game will be coming to another platform. IGN spoke to Capcom's Ryozo Tsujimoto, who stated that after a deluge of fan outcry from players in the west, Monster Hunter Rise will be getting a PC version in early 2022. That's all that was said, but now players can stop wondering as to the if and when regarding the latest Monster Hunter game on platforms other than the Nintendo Switch. On that front, the Switch version of Monster Hunter Rise will be out on March 26, 2021.

“We received a lot of requests for a PC version of Monster Hunter Rise, particularly from overseas players, and so we have decided to develop a version for PC, which we aim to release in early 2022,” said Tsujimoto. “This is still under development, so I’d like to share more detailed information when the time is right.”

:arrow: Source: Exclusive IGN Japan interview

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a feeling that this game's graphic is going to be huge different than Switch version. Since PC is very powerful system than Nintendo Switch. I have this game on my Nintendo Switch. It would be very interested to compared those two. I am keeping my eyes on it next year just to compared two versions.

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
hahah lol thats leaks so true, but weird playing rise on pc, is out of place, not fit on pc

Monster Hunter: Rise is nothing but a watered down version of Monster Hunter: World so the switch doesn´t clot running it. Even most assets are reused including monsters. For me it´s perfectly fine, Switch users will betatest the game so its polished when released on another platforms.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It cannot be much far of the performance of actual Monster Hunter: World Iceborne. Aside from performance tweaks, the graphics and the physics engine will be reused...
I don't mind that. It's not as though World was bad.

Reactions: Urbanshadow

seseiSeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, we kinda knew about that already. It would be really neat, if the Switch and PC version had cross platform saves, so I could play on my Switch while in bed and on PC, when I'm not.
But this "future technology" is unfortunately not common at all.

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe so. The mainline games have X number of dragon heads on the logo iirc
I don't know about Rise, but they explicitly mentioned World being the 5th mainline installment, they just changed the name to World.

Rise seems more like a side game to me though, since World is too new for them to make a completely new generation so soon.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know about Rise, but they explicitly mentioned World being the 5th mainline installment, they just changed the name to World.

Rise seems more like a side game to me though, since World is too new for them to make a completely new generation so soon.
Yeah, I remember seeing a post on it a while ago pointing out the dragon heads in each logo (World included). I don't see any with Rise so that's where my assumption is founded. Could always be wrong though!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"