'Monster Hunter Rise' launches on PC today

mon hun PC.JPG

After releasing on the Nintendo Switch as a timed-exclusive back in March 2021, Monster Hunter Rise makes its way to PCs via Steam today. This version brings some extra features as expected such as support for 4K resolution, ultra-wide monitors, voice chat, advanced graphics options as well as some new filters.

Monster Hunter Rise transports players to the colorful Kamura Village as it prepares to defend against the looming Rampage.

At launch, owners of the PC version will have access to all previously released post-launch content up to the Nintendo Switch 3.6.1. This include new monsters and collaboration content. More post-launch contents will be synched at the end of February.

Monster Hunter Rise is available on Steam for £50. A free demo is also available to download on the game's Steam page. The upcoming paid DLC Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak will launch on both Nintendo Switch and PC in Summer 2022, with details to be shared at a later date.

Be sure to check out our review of the base game on the Switch which scored 9/10!

:arrow: Monster Hunter Rise Official GBAtemp Review
:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome game, fully recommended. Specially if you're new to the franchise.

I can't speak about the PC port performance but if it ran well on the Switch it would be embarassing if it had technical issues on PC.

My only issue with MH games is the "forever" concept, that the game never ends and has no real story.

Finally, should've been on PC on the first place.
Now people can finally play it on something that isn't an underpowered and broken pos.

Man, did Nintendo shit in your cereal this morning or hurt you in some way? What the hell do you expect Tegra X1 to do, 4K 120 FPS?

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will just wait for a Fatgirl repack... Or something else...

Denuvo

Expect it to last at least 6 months, with RE3 it was 6 months RE8 on the other hand has not removed Denuvo but Empress cracked it anyway. So it's most likely either Empress or a good wait. Empress demands $500 for her cracks though and charges for testing the game early, yeah.

Reactions: SuperDan

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Denuvo

Expect it to last at least 6 months, with RE3 it was 6 months RE8 on the other hand has not removed Denuvo but Empress cracked it anyway. So it's most likely either Empress or a good wait. Empress demands $500 for her cracks though and charges for testing the game early, yeah.

Lol Denuvo is such a shitty DRM

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My only issue with MH games is the "forever" concept, that the game never ends and has no real story.

Man, did Nintendo shit in your cereal this morning or hurt you in some way? What the hell do you expect Tegra X1 to do, 4K 120 FPS?
Yeah, it's not like Switch is a frickin' Nvidia Shield or something. Even boosting the CPU/GPU's clock speed would drain battery life, and the single fan on top of the thing isn't enough anyway

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's not like Switch is a frickin' Nvidia Shield or something. Even boosting the CPU/GPU's clock speed would drain battery life, and the single fan on top of the thing isn't enough anyway

He just gets his jollies from bashing anything that's not a high end gaming PC, but hey, who am I to kink shame others?

Reactions: AxlSt00pid

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Is steam deck really prepared for the load of high fidelity games releasing? I'm worried about the specs and not being able to upgrade. 🤔
It targets 800p, so what it can't run at 60 FPS it'll run just fine at 30 FPS. It packs somewhat more power than a PS4, so obviously it's not gonna crush next-gen titles, but the fact that it might run them at all in this form factor (and at this price point) is really something.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Denuvo

yeah i know MH games have always been in my libary since the psp daze... but i never truly loved them like most people do.... so im in no rush

SilverWah

CVS2 best game period.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got the demo, played for a bit but then saw it has Denuvo plus they want to collect your data.
Now it's gone from my PC. Fuck AAA bullshit.

Xen0

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
MH is legitimately one of those games that takes 30 hours to "get into." Not to argue whether a game should take so long to become entertaining or w/e, but eventually the hunts become some of the most rewarding experiences in gaming imo.
Fully agree. Took me ages to even hunt a tutorial monster in MH3U back than on the 3DS. But now it's an amazing series for me.

Are there any plans to release it on Epic?

Henx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Too bad Capcom insists in using DRM on their games. It is a good way to hurt their customers. Guess pirate it is. Yar!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/o2TO5atI4rU?si=sOlJH6YDAUiakK0U +1