'Monster Hunter Rise' launches on PC today

mon hun PC.JPG

After releasing on the Nintendo Switch as a timed-exclusive back in March 2021, Monster Hunter Rise makes its way to PCs via Steam today. This version brings some extra features as expected such as support for 4K resolution, ultra-wide monitors, voice chat, advanced graphics options as well as some new filters.

Monster Hunter Rise transports players to the colorful Kamura Village as it prepares to defend against the looming Rampage.

At launch, owners of the PC version will have access to all previously released post-launch content up to the Nintendo Switch 3.6.1. This include new monsters and collaboration content. More post-launch contents will be synched at the end of February.

Monster Hunter Rise is available on Steam for £50. A free demo is also available to download on the game's Steam page. The upcoming paid DLC Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak will launch on both Nintendo Switch and PC in Summer 2022, with details to be shared at a later date.

Be sure to check out our review of the base game on the Switch which scored 9/10!

:arrow: Monster Hunter Rise Official GBAtemp Review
:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Zkajavier

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Awesome game, fully recommended. Specially if you're new to the franchise.

I can't speak about the PC port performance but if it ran well on the Switch it would be embarassing if it had technical issues on PC.

Reactions: gamecaptor

diggeloid

Alex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is steam deck really prepared for the load of high fidelity games releasing? I'm worried about the specs and not being able to upgrade. 🤔
Idk the specs of the Steamdeck, but MH Rise runs at 60 FPS on the Switch, so it will have no trouble running on whatever Valve finally decides to ship (which I understand is going to be very powerful for the price)

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MH on PC is just too weird for me. If you can't kill a Rathalos on the toilet, what are you doing with your life?

Playing it on a Steamdeck would be cool though.
In all my years, I've never seen a Rathalos on the toilet... Seems like an unfair fight...

Gamer90Kirby

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Idk the specs of the Steamdeck, but MH Rise runs at 60 FPS on the Switch, so it will have no trouble running on whatever Valve finally decides to ship (which I understand is going to be very powerful for the price)
It absolutely does not run at 60 fps. It runs at 30 and struggles hard during multiplayer.

Reactions: werd10101

sley

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is one of those series of games that every time a new game gets released, I think "maybe THIS is the one that I jump into series"...and then never do.
Rise is very straightforward and if you have friends to play it with it's a no brainer. I'm not the type of guy who grinds for the most optimal builds and I still had my fun with the game on Switch.

Reactions: gamecaptor

Phearoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could never get into these games. Found them to be a complete borefest 🥱

MH is legitimately one of those games that takes 30 hours to "get into." Not to argue whether a game should take so long to become entertaining or w/e, but eventually the hunts become some of the most rewarding experiences in gaming imo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.