Monster Hunter Portable 3rd translation project in trouble...

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by LumInvader, Aug 7, 2014.

1. LumInvader
    OP

LumInvader GBAtemp Regular

Mar 30, 2013
    United States
    From the project page:

2. Cursed Kaiser

Cursed Kaiser Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2013
    it will be sad if this project won't be included in the 100% english translated list.

3. Hargrun

Hargrun Support the arts! (The games, silly.)

May 22, 2014
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    These guys never gave signals that were lacking in help... Weird. :huh:

4. CrashmanX

CrashmanX Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld

Aug 1, 2008
    United States
    @CrashmanX
    So... they make no mention of needing help and not that they're needing any assistance and then suddenly say "Oh we're shutting down because we have no help".

Alright then I guess. Not like Monster Hunter 3rd portable really has a story that you GOTTA have to enjoy the game.

5. LumInvader
    OP

Mar 30, 2013
    United States
    Update:
    On a side note:

Rather than expecting translators to materialize out of thin air, DamimavPL should've started a discussion thread here for his project. Threads generate interest which makes it much easier to replace translators.

Hargrun likes this.
  6. Hargrun

Hargrun Support the arts! (The games, silly.)

May 22, 2014
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    I totally agree with you and I have another update: The blog was closed.

Even with offers of help apparently the leader is in some kind of depression or dunno... :huh:

LumInvader likes this.
  7. LumInvader
    OP

Mar 30, 2013
    United States
    He could've been up front about his lack of interest/frustrations instead of misleading fans into believing the project had been salvaged. Announcing that everything is fine then closing the project only days later is a slap in the face to the fans who've been eagerly following MHP3's progress.

Hargrun likes this.
  8. teamherosquad

teamherosquad Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2014
    United States
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/monster-hunter-portable-3rd-translation-tmo.355994/

9. LumInvader
    OP

Mar 30, 2013
    United States
    This was what he named his thread title:

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd Translation TMO

Within the title, do you see any request for translation help? Now look at my thread title. I also could've named my thread:

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd Translation TMO

Instead, I gave a specific summary of my post within the title. By doing so I generated interest which is why this thread has more hits. Had he done the same, he might've attracted the translators he was looking for, rather than assuming translators will just click on every thread hoping to discover a hidden translation request.

10. ProjectXsent

ProjectXsent Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2016
    I was thinking of finishing the translation of Monster Hunter Portable 3rd (PSP version) since we have Athena's Translation tool. I've imported the files from TMO with the same progress of it but I've already retranslated monster names (Brute Tigrex, Amatsu) and item names (Bomb Material, Thawing Agent)

I wish someone could help me to translate and make it 100% english patch with Training School guides, Weapon and armor description and NPC's complete.

Alex658 likes this.