Gaming Monster Hunter: Generations - Unable to join Hub (maybe due to CFW?)

iMaclang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi everyone, I'm currently having issues with Local Play and Online hubs in MHGen.

I recently installed CFW on my o3DS XL (which was running 11.5.0-38U before I installed CFW on it) by following 3ds.guide. Since I was on 11.5.0, the guide said that I had to install CFW through DSi Ware and System Transfer exploit. I used my brother's 2DS for the exploit, which he installed CFW on using soundhax exploit (he was running 11.2.0 at that time, and now he updated to 11.5.0 as well). Everything went well, and I was able to install CFW on my o3DS XL.

My issue now is that whenever we both play MHGen and try to connect to each other in Local Play, we keep receiving the error message "Unable to enter hub". We tried to connect to each other through local play again, but with our internet settings deleted, and the same error message. On the other hand, whenever we both play MHGen online and try to find different hubs, he is disconnected whenever I attempt to connect online, and him vice versa (i.e. If I go first, attempt to find an online hub, successfully join a hub, and he attempts to connect online and find a different hub as well, I get disconnected from the hub I'm currently connected to).

Does this have to do with the System Transfer exploit that I did to install CFW? We both cleared the NNID from both systems after, and relinked it with different NNID's.
Is there any way to fix this or would I have to uninstall CFW and format my system?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

gilgaladrid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is strange. I am running CFW and have no issues connecting to others with CFW. Could be a MAC address issue, I think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    Veho @ Veho: Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.