Monster Hunter Frontier G coming to Vita

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
IIRC, Frontier isn't really liked in Japan as everyone prefers the main series.

It's "not really liked in Japan" precisely because it was previously a PC/XBox 360 game - neither of those platforms is really "big" in the country of the cherry blossom and if anything, this is the game's chance for making its big splash.

Kamiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Good news for the vitas sales I assume.

Though intelligent gamers will already have Soul Sacrifice which is infinitely better with a similar feel (just more refined, indepth, thought out, and properly executed).
So, 0 interest for me.

I disagree. Soul Sacrifice is a good game, yes. I even got it too, but in that game, there are quests where you need to kill kitties. :( I'm a cat owner and I cannot even do any of those quest. In Monster Hunter, you just kill some overgrown lizards, pedobears and stuff which all can slain without sad faces.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I disagree. Soul Sacrifice is a good game, yes. I even got it too, but in that game, there are quests where you need to kill kitties. :( I'm a cat owner and I cannot even do any of those quest. In Monster Hunter, you just kill some overgrown lizards, pedobears and stuff which all can slain without sad faces.

You can choose to save or sacrifice them?
Just save 'em every time.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

The mark of a bad game - an enemy you don't particularly fancy. :unsure:

There's a number of things wrong with your statement:
  1. They're not real cats - they're strings of binary data
  2. You're supposed to feel bad about sacrificing anything in-game - that's the whole point. Your sorcerer is balancing on the scales of good and evil, sacrificing and saving
  3. Most of those cats are complete bastards - they've turned into Orcs to compete with Goblins and upon doing so they began mutilating and devouring their owners... I don't see a whole lot of reasons to feel bad for them - sacrifice the berserker and evil souls and save divine and neutral ones if it makes you feel better
  4. They're not real cats - They're strings of binary data. It's a good reason so it should be mentioned twice

Chiejina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The mark of a bad game - an enemy you don't particularly fancy. :unsure:

There's a number of things wrong with your statement:
  1. They're not real cats - they're strings of binary data
  2. You're supposed to feel bad about sacrificing anything in-game - that's the whole point. Your sorcerer is balancing on the scales of good and evil, sacrificing and saving
  3. Most of those cats are complete bastards - they've turned into Orcs to compete with Goblins and upon doing so they began mutilating and devouring their owners... I don't see a whole lot of reasons to feel bad for them - sacrifice the berserker and evil souls and save divine and neutral ones if it makes you feel better
  4. They're not real cats - They're strings of binary data. It's a good reason so it should be mentioned twice
That post probably didn't require that we'll of a thought out response.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's "not really liked in Japan" precisely because it was previously a PC/XBox 360 game - neither of those platforms is really "big" in the country of the cherry blossom and if anything, this is the game's chance for making its big splash.
Well, I guess Capcom is going to be coherent on this one - after it being out on "not-so-big-in-Japan" platforms like the 360 and the PC, they're going to follow closely that trend, yet again. Now with the PSVita.

:creep:

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Paid subscription + ONLINE ONLY on a handheld is probably gonna be the bane of this port. I mean, online on handhelds -- GREAT! But... paid subscriptions? Online only? I dunno...

I guess it does become somewhat feasible with the Vita TV, so this announcement may actually be targeted for that specific device.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back