Monster Hunter Freedom Unite bosses

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Yanazake, Jun 27, 2010.

Jun 27, 2010
  1. Yanazake
    OP

Member Yanazake GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Hey there! I was looking for info on MHFU bosses, and discovered that while some have good tips, others hardly have any info.

I'm looking for info on the Daimyo Hermitaur, and I'm still HR1 only, just got acces to the swamp and the forest&hills areas.
    I have skill ONLY with the dual blades and the gunlance, and the sharpest weapon I had access to as of now was the Insector. [long chunk of green bar, and in total longer sharpness duration than most of my weapons]

That said, I KNOW I should throw sonic bombs when it's covering, that it's weak to fire, and that its face is the weak spot...

Now, BESIDES SAYING "lol, use a great sword, n00b!", any good hints on how I should kill that thing?

2. themuddaload

Member themuddaload Creepin' hardcore.

United States
    well, actually you are using 2 weapon types that are pretty low on the totem pole of usefulness.

i would use a hammer on d hermy at this point in your monster hunting career. a normal lance or LS would make this a lot easier too.

you really should try GS though, its what i use, it owns all (though i hammer crabbies).

if i wasnt so damn busy (finals for summer term next week) id have you go here livestream.com/ageofcalamity and id stream a few vids of me killing one for you.

the stream is kinda dead atm though... so idk if anyone else would be online to show you.

3. Yanazake
    OP

Brazil
    The stream thing is interesting, but my connection isn't very fast, so it wouldn't be a good idea.

I know I had a hammer somewhere, I just need to find it. I got it to try to kill something, not sure what it was.

Anyway, I'll try the Hammer again... But seriously, why people don't like the Dual Swords? Yes, they're weak, but gives me the agility I want.

I also tried the long sword, but found it to be a little strange. The need to keep hitting might make it a dangerous weapon if you don't know how to dodge or sheathe the weapon in a precise time :/

4. Leamonde.Halcyon

Member Leamonde.Halcyon 6x9=42

United States
    The problem with Monster Hunter is that there's only so much equipment tweaking that can help you. The game requires you to have the skills: dodging, camera management, knowing when to attack, reading the enemies little "tells" to know what it's about to do...

For help on learning these "tells", try the monster hunter wiki and gamefaqs.

I use a hammer, and if you still need help later let me know. I'm working on setting up my PSP to record some gameplay videos from MHFU and I can do a Daimyo Hermitaur one for you [​IMG]

5. Yanazake
    OP

Brazil
    Well, anything that helps~ I've just captured it [with my own items, since there wasn't anything for capture in the supply box] and I think I could only capture it up until now. This means I'm not dealing enought damage... [not even with the hammer. I was using Iron striker. not yet upgraded because I was lacking items]

I need urgently a healing cat xD''

6. Leamonde.Halcyon

United States
    I would definitely recommend doing some item gathering for upgrades if you can. Find out what the best armor and weapons are that you can make with items you have the ability to gather and go for it.

I've got a video of me hunting a Daimyo Hermitaur uploading I'll post the link when it's done. I'm a bit out of practice, I haven't picked up MHFU in a while because of other things and I died once but oh well [​IMG] I captured it but it would have been easy enough to throw a few more swings in to kill it.

7. themuddaload

United States
    yes, this game (series) actually takes skill. *omfg gasp* its more about skillfully dispatching monsters with equipment that you created from killing something else. not grinding the hell out of levels, then killing everything easily.

diamyo hermy is pretty easy to hammer, just use the super pound on his body a bunch. (hold r and have the stick at neutral when you let go)

dual swords may seem to be more agile and all, but they really arent. an experienced GS user strikes quickly at a moment of opportunity, and then rolls out of the way of oncoming attacks, sheathes his weapon so he can run, and repeats.

there are a few select instances that i actually use dual blades and gunlance, (all of these instances are endgame) but other than that i use hammer, GS, and bowgun. (starting to dabble with bows, which are quite weak if you dont know exactly what you are doing)

8. Leamonde.Halcyon

United States
    I use Hammer and Bowgun but I really ought to work on a slashing weapon for fighting things that need it..I just haven't decided what I want yet.

9. themuddaload

United States
    GS roflpwns.

10. Leamonde.Halcyon

United States
  11. themuddaload

United States
    lolwow ur nub

jus' sayin'

12. Leamonde.Halcyon

United States
    Uh..fuck off? I'm not the best MH player out there but don't be a jackass elitist. I haven't picked up MHFU in months, I know I'm not at my best. I said so a few posts up.

13. Yanazake
    OP

Brazil
    Hey, we're starting to discuss the weapons, back to the monsters, okay? o_o

Thanks for the vid, man! I'll check it asap. Now I've got a Congalala that's strangely giving me extra work, but I'm used to killing it... Do higher rank quests give the monsters extra defense or HP?

14. Leamonde.Halcyon

United States
    I believe so, yeah. I'm not positive but I think the AI get's better in higher ranked missions too...don't hold me to that one though [​IMG]

15. yikkyon

Member yikkyon GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I don't think they have higher defenses on higher ranks but they make up for that with multiple monsters (Two Yian kut-ku's)
    And different colored monsters have different weaknesses.

16. Leamonde.Halcyon

United States
    Different colored versions also have some different attacks and use the attacks they share at different rates...basically they have a different AI set up, so while the same general ideas might work on both versions-they're both yian kut-ku, after all-your tactics might have to be changed up a bit as well as what you bring with you.

17. themuddaload

United States
    monsters get higher attack and hp as you go up through the ranks, but you get more attack and defense. so it kinda evens out.

generally high and then G ranked monsters get a new move

the different color variations generally have enhanced versions of their normal counterparts moves, making them more annoying/deadly.

have fun when you hit terra shogun! that shit made me mad!

18. Leamonde.Halcyon

United States
    Oh a new kind of boss is always a real experience the first time you fight them, floundering around while you get a feel for what the fuck they can do to you [​IMG]

19. yikkyon

Member yikkyon GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Pro-tip: NEVER approach a monster when stuff comes out it's mouth!

20. themuddaload

United States
    i wouldnt say never... if i never approached a raged shogun id never kill it; they go perma-rage when you break both claws