Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Arrives on the App Store today

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by T-hug, Jul 3, 2014.

1. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    Monster-Hunter-Freedom-Unite-for-iOS-teaser-001.jpg

One of the most popular titles in the Monster Hunter series arrives on the App Store today for EUR11.99 / GBP10.49! Monster Hunter Freedom Unite was based on Japan's Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G and originally released in 2009 in the west. The title was a global success with sales of more than four million units worldwide, contributing to the series' total of more than 28 million units to date.
    The newest iteration of the game includes several updated features:
    * Graphics are in higher HD resolution with support for up to 2048x1536 on iPad
    * All controls are optimized for touch screen functionality
    * New target camera options make it easier to follow the action
    * Support for controller peripherals for iPhone and iPod touch such as the Logitech PowerShell Controller + Battery and other MFi controllers
    * Seamless real-time four player co-op battles via Wi-Fi connection

:arrow:Source: GBAtemp Inbox

ShawnTRods likes this.
  2. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    Optimised for touchscreen, best played with a controller.

3. ShawnTRods

ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 26, 2011
    London
    I like GBATemp inbox.

4. Selim873

Selim873 Nunnayobeesnes

Jul 31, 2010
    United States
    Chillin' with Bob Ross
    Has anyone tested this on the iPhone 4 by chance? It says it's downloadable on the iPhone 4 but *performance is not guaranteed*

5. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    Whilst the App Store says its compatible on iPhone 4, the description only says compatible with iPhone 4S.

6. Selim873

Selim873 Nunnayobeesnes

Jul 31, 2010
    United States
    Chillin' with Bob Ross
    I decided to buy it anyways, it doesn't specifically say that it's incompatible, they only said that the proper performance isn't guaranteed. I can update this post with results. If Apple is going to upload something to the AppStore, they need to make it non-downloadable on "incompatible devices." Especially since they refuse to refund, unlike Google Play does, where they block incompatible devices and give refunds within 24 hours.

EDIT: It only runs at full speed inside small buildings and slows down big time on the original iPhone 4. Don't do it on that model. lol

7. Kamiyama

Kamiyama GBAtemp Fan

Mar 14, 2007
    Finland
    iPad + PS3 controller = <3

I bought this last night. Never regret it. Also, even touchscreen controls are great if you don't have a controller.

Only thing I don't like in this was that poor 3rd party chat when you're playing with wifi. Also wifi multiplayer REALLY need a lobby system. That random room without code thing is really annoing.

8. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    It works with PS3 controller?!

9. Kamiyama

Kamiyama GBAtemp Fan

Mar 14, 2007
    Finland

That's how I've been playing. :P

You need to jailbreak you're iOS device though for that. Then use Cydia to install BTstack and Controllers for All. From the iOS settings, activate BTstack.

You also need to install SixaxisPairTool to your PC. Connect the PS3 controller to your PC and use SixaxisPairTool program to change the controllers bluetooth address to your iOS devices that you see in Settings -> General -> About.

After that, start the MHFU and Controllers for All will automaticly tell you to press PS button of your controller. Then in games settings, activate MFi controller thingy.

Then enjoy MHFU with your PS3 controller. ;)

Originality likes this.
  10. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    I skipped the PC step by using a WiiU Pro controller. It weirdly flips the A/B and X/Y buttons, but it works great!

11. Metoroid0

Metoroid0 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 2, 2012
    Japan
    SR388
    Android? :(

12. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    From what I've read, the official answer is "not at this time".