1. Beerus

Beerus Gbatemp's God Of Destruction

Japan
    no one going to take in that they said we won't show Magnamalo's full-body but proceeds to show it in the amiibo render?

StrayGuitarist likes this.
  2. nashismo

nashismo GBAtemp Fan

Chile
    This somehow turned into a rant for people who sucked at the game and think it was clunky, because they sucked at it of course. Then the NEW noobs say it is just a button mashing game... Sure, because now it is easy, to appeal to the former.

3. StrayGuitarist

StrayGuitarist A genuine feline disaster.

United States
    Holy shit, yes, this. I've always felt these games would be so much more fun if they weren't so fucking clunky. My ex-girlfriend used to force me to play Generations Ultimate on the Switch with her, and I always got so frustrated at how awful every single thing is about playing it.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I did play the PSP games when they were new. I played the Switch remake of the 3DS game when it came out. I played a bit of World. They're clunky, in my opinion. Don't hate on people because they don't like what you do.

4. nashismo

nashismo GBAtemp Fan

Chile
    So telling it like I see it, is hating? I didn't know that. But going back to the "clunky" thing you are speaking. I played the first MH game on PS2 just for fun and for a while, and it was fine, the same for the PSP version and the WiiU version.

You see, Capcom, they make fighting games, in fact, they masters at it, they invented the genre. The game is not clunky, is exactly as it's supposed to be. It seems hard for stupid people who don't get it.

The fact you cannot aim well at each monster is made on purpose, not because is "clunky", it is the old roots of fighting game developers showing there. The relentless monsters on the old games were made like that on purpose, everything is made on purpose.

The old games were made for master race fighting Gods. Not for losers.

Last edited by nashismo, Sep 18, 2020
    nhamokid and Bunneh_Wabbit like this.
  5. Scarlet

Scarlet Pretty Pretty Princess
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    Oh be fair, the old games were and still are terribly clunky. It just comes down to whether you can embrace the clunk and appreciate what's on offer. I adore the older games but you'd have to be blind to say they're the series at its peak. To me, Gen U is a good blend of easy to pick up and traditional gameplay, but hey, to each their own.

Looking at the new game, I absolutely can't wait to try it.

6. MetoMeto

MetoMeto GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    Opposed to less boring games with content.

|
    |
    |
    OFFTOPIC (kinda):
    I guess having a opinion is "Garbage" these days..oh well, you cant even be funny saying that.
    GBAtemp is truly becoming IGN where everything is closely controlled and purified.

[​IMG]
    |
    |
    [​IMG]

Last edited by MetoMeto, Sep 18, 2020
  7. Scarlet

Reporter

United Kingdom
    I think it's more that you replied with a video and no actual words. If you look at the rules, we don't allow image-only or video-only posts, since they don't really add to discussion. It could have been communicated better to you via deletion message, but that's that. Nothing really to do with your opinion itself.

8. StrayGuitarist

United States
    Telling it like you see it is "hating" when you start stating opinion as a fact. Like you are now. Calling people "Losers" and "stupid" because they don't like/aren't good at/want to criticize a game is what makes it "hating".

And being snarky and condescending certainly doesn't help your position. Before the COVID crises started, I played JJBA: HFTF and Street Fighter Alpha 3 competitively at various conventions across California. I know a thing or two about fighting games. I just don't like the way Monster Hunter feels to play and felt like expressing my opinion.

VartioArtel likes this.
  9. nashismo

nashismo GBAtemp Fan

Chile
    Why so butthurt that others tell you what they think? I am telling you what I told you earlier, the game is what it is, is not clunky. Clunky is a game that is developed with bad controls by mistake or because of the incompetence of developers. The game is hard to master for some probably, but clunky does not apply.

Try to understand what you read while you take a painkiller for your butt.

Bunneh_Wabbit likes this.
  10. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

United States
    Oh, that completely answers my question. I guess you're right then. It definitely is, without a doubt, more boring and has less content than games that aren't boring and have content. My worldview has been drastically changed by this revelation.

DarkCoffe64 likes this.
  11. StrayGuitarist

United States
    You’re telling me what your definition of clunky is. It’s different than mine. It’s unnecessary to start insulting people over this. This is the point I’m trying to make. Do you really think it’s prudent to just flip out and fling insults with your point, rather than calmly and constructively debating what you think? I’m not “butthurt” because of your opinion, I’m mildly irritated that you’re fine just insulting people who think differently.

12. kprovost7314

kprovost7314 GBAtemp's Official Shota and Bara Master

United States
    Looks definitely like a game Nintendo would advertise as a 4K once the Pro model releases, if those 4K rumors are true, that is.

13. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    RIP MH World

14. Scarlet

Reporter

United Kingdom
    Still got the Fatalis update to come, so at least it's going out with a nostalgic bang!

15. shinwg

shinwg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I agreed with you I’m played all the MH games ps2 was great just online wasn’t huge yet and psp version was really good my cousins 4 of us we used to played until next day grinding was very fun. Anyway I read some people disagree with you but is fine that’s their own opinion. This day people more into shooting cod or fortnite MH just too challenging for them so blame the control and say games is boring

16. medoli900

medoli900 Open the Benzenes;Gate

Antarctica
    I hope they won't be canned. I need these Amiibos more than my life.

17. jt_1258

jt_1258 Ella

United States
    I have tried many times to get into the series though many different entries in it but always just get bored early on without fully understanding why and I think you finally nailed what it is...

18. MetoMeto

MetoMeto GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    I didn't intended to answer your question. I was just stating how i feel about the game.

I'm sorry if you expected a conversation about it that will change your mind or something, and reveal some answers to you..it was simply not intended for you, but for people who feel the same and understand, which you apparently don't...which is OK.

Just saying.

Fair enough. Thanks for telling. Id just say that that's a very boring "rule".
    That much...

Last edited by MetoMeto, Sep 21, 2020

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - gameplay, Monster, minutes