1. 4,532

Front-page

Capcom is detailing their latest Monster Hunter game, the recently revealed Monster Hunter Rise, in a brand new Direct dedicated to the game.

You get a piece of new equipment called a wirebug, which lets you climb up steep cliffs, changes up the pace of combat, and lets you vault over the terrain. Maps do not have load zones and are seamless.

Cats aren't the only partner now, as you get a Palamute, a dog-like creature that you can ride. You can heal while riding him, or he can attack while you're dismounted. Palicos return, too. But they're more support oriented now. Each player can bring two pets on missions.

There are, of course, new monsters to hunt. Including the Mangnamalo, a wyvern, or the Aknosom, a bird that can change its shape. Great Izuchi will attack you with its tail and is very offensive. Tatranadon is a frog-like monster.

The setting for this entry takes place in a new location, with a certain event going on that's called a Rampage. March 26th will be the Switch launch date of the game. There's a standard digital edition, or a digital deluxe version.

Three amiibos will be releasing, which give you a layered armor set when scanned.

[​IMG]
    If you own both Rise and Stories 2, you'll unlock something ingame to be discussed at a later date.

Physical pre-orders will take place later, while digital ones start today.

In Stories 2, the story will focus on taking care of a Rathalos egg. That's about it for now, as Capcom promises more information soon: TGS 2020 will show off more about both games.

2. Discussion (37 replies)

3. Urbanshadow

Urbanshadow GBAtemp Maniac

So this is what they were doing with the Monster Hunter World assets...

4. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    They keep doing things to make the games more interesting but then immediately fuck it all up by still continuing to have PSP-caliber action combat. How hard is it to make the combat not feel like shit?

Yeah fanboys will cry the combat has "a learning curve" but anyone actually good at videogames understands that's just a bullshit excuse. It's bad, it's really bad. There's nothing complex about it. Which sucks because every other aspect of the games are good.

jt_1258, evertonstz, Ishzark and 2 others like this.
  5. azoreseuropa
    This message by azoreseuropa has been removed from public view by DinohScene, Sep 17, 2020, Reason: one word post.
    Sep 17, 2020
  6. Dartz150

Dartz150 Yet another Onii-chan

Mexico
    I have played MH games since the 3DS and while I enjoy to play them, I fully agree with you. That's just time consume difficulty (which is bad nowdays) because it takes you longer to kill every big monster just for its slooooow battling system.

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  7. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    So there is no difference between fighting mechanics from the PSP monster hunter games versus the PS4 and switch monster hunter games? I'm asking since I have the games but never played them

8. Urbanshadow

Urbanshadow GBAtemp Maniac

There is a huge difference in World (PS4). I cannot tell about the already in retail Monster Hunter for the switch but if the gameplay is reused from the PS4/PC one, it will be smooth. And honestly, looks like reused from the one in PS4/PC.

Goku1992A likes this.
  9. diggeloid

diggeloid GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Fuck that monster hunter music always gives me chills. This looks amazing. It's like Spider Man + Monster Hunter + Skyrim Horses as dogs.

Too bad we're all going to be dead before 2020 ends.

ov3rkill likes this.
  10. Latiodile

Latiodile Profesionnal Scalie

Canada
    i hope it plays like world and not the clunky garbage that we had before

LightyKD and Dartz150 like this.
  11. GameSystem

GameSystem GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Better looking visuals than that FF XVI trailer they showed yesterday and this is a Switch game haha. Too bad (Good) it's for the Switch, so pirates can't play multiplayer. I guess cheating will be less of an issue if you don't have everyone with CFW playing it.

12. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

United States
    I can't speak much for the PSP/PS3/3DS titles, because you're right about them being a mess, but World did feel like a major improvement on the controls. At least for me, it doesn't feel any different than a Souls in this regard. This is coming from someone who's been playing since Freedom, too.

13. wintermute808

wintermute808 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hyped, looks great.

14. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    still the same boring fucking button mashing boring combat. typical monBORE hunter

15. gabisenk

gabisenk GBAtemp Regular

Romania
    are these games any worth a damn for a banned switch? can't play online...

16. lostbob117

lostbob117 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    The movement looks really fun.

17. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

United States
    Sure. Playing online in fact scales the difficulty depending on the amount of players. So it's not like online play makes the game easier. Monster difficulty and the desire meter both ramp up considerably.

18. MetoMeto

MetoMeto GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    MH is soo boring game in general....no real content.

19. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

United States
    As opposed to...?

20. MetoMeto
    This message by MetoMeto has been removed from public view by Sicklyboy, Sep 18, 2020, Reason: Garbage.
    Sep 17, 2020
  21. AbyssalMonkey

AbyssalMonkey GBAtemp Fan

Antarctica
    I only have experience with World, which seems to have at least basic depth behind a brawler, with every weapon having it's own set of timings for damage mitigation and amplification. I tried picking up Tri with an emulator but the load zone switching really ruined the immersion for me, so I didn't even fight the first monster.

The only real massive complaint I have for the game is the wild end game RNG hunt for gems. How do the other games stack up compared to it?

22. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Netherlands
    From everything I've heard, the RNG was actually much worse in the old games.

23. xenocard

xenocard GBAtemp Regular

United States
    ill just mod my save with 999x items and gems, build every gear with my infinite materials and upload my gamesave online, go to my none pirated switch and meet you online and solo kill your monster, no problem

you know nothing!
    this has already been the case with ps4 and save wizard

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

you didnt see the drop rate of an attack+1 in monster world, without the save glitch you would never ever see it

Ishzark likes this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - gameplay, Monster, minutes