Gaming Monster Hunter Bans

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
laserbeak43 said:
Hello,
I've heard that Monster Hunter Backups will be subject to wii bans. Is this true?

If the game would know that it is a backup, it wouldn't let you play at all. Post like this are the source of those crap rumors saying that nintendo bans people with backups. Only known bans are for cheating and i think that even only on Mario Kart.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
WiiPower said:
laserbeak43 said:
Hello,
I've heard that Monster Hunter Backups will be subject to wii bans. Is this true?

If the game would know that it is a backup, it wouldn't let you play at all. Post like this are the source of those crap rumors saying that nintendo bans people with backups. Only known bans are for cheating and i think that even only on Mario Kart.

Yeh the only bans they give are online bans to specific games and rarely a MAC ban so you can't play anything online ( but very rarely ). Things like normal game online bans can be got round with a cheat ironically so don't worry

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
laserbeak43 said:
Hello,

False. You needs to stop listening to senseless rumors. Rumors are bad, period.

laserbeak43

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
laserbeak43 said:
Hello,

yeah well someone has shown me a screenshot of the ban on a japanese wii

laserbeak43

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RockmanForte said:
laserbeak43 said:
Hello,

False. You needs to stop listening to senseless rumors. Rumors are bad, period.
let me find the screenshot before you guys start a flame war over simple question, period.

laserbeak43

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I was told that this is a ban until 9999. Can anyone vouch?

146854-mh3.jpg

but yeah Dani600kill is probably right. It's probably for cheating...

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus

laserbeak43

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ritsuki said:
It was for cheating. I saw this news on a french videogame site. Here's the link if you can understand french : http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/2009/0003680...squ-en-9999.htm

It's says that a cheater has been banned until 9999 for using modified data in online mode.

XFlak said:
QUOTE(Ritsuki @ Apr 7 2010, 02:47 PM) It was for cheating. I saw this news on a french videogame site. Here's the link if you can understand french : http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/2009/0003680...squ-en-9999.htm

It's says that a cheater has been banned until 9999 for using modified data in online mode.
same link, but translated to english
oh ok, thanks guys. See? No rumors! No need for flames!!
Thanks for the info.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Of course flame, it's for cheating not for backups, there's absolutely no reason to start rumors about blocked backups again.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Indeed. Furthermore, I want to stress this is most certainly NOT about the B-3 bomber. I don't know how these rumors get started!
wink.gif

...but on topic, I must say I like the way they bring it to you. There are no permanent bans...just temporary ones that take a looooooooong time.
laugh.gif

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The 7990 years ban is the most funniest thing I've heard haha.

Topic: Seems like its only for cheating obviously not backup. Nintendo security isn't advanced yet =P.

laserbeak43

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkShadow96 said:
The 7990 years ban is the most funniest thing I've heard haha.

Topic: Seems like its only for cheating obviously not backup. Nintendo security isn't advanced yet =P.
i honestly don't think they care enough to implement many anti-hacks, as they know their system is pretty "last-gen" or maybe "not up to par" would be a better term. I don't think it'd be worth the money to play cat and mouse with all these people that can just port their gamecube hacks to wii
tongue.gif
(don't get all technical, it's a joke, kinda)

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah nintendo is game over man...game over.

its like they gave up or are just not technically advanced to do something. the wii is great but the hardware is way behind the times. at launch it was slightly more advanced than most. now its lightyears behind.

why shoot a deer and then try to save its life? it'd be stupid

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Why would they care about security? By the time you encounter cheaters, you have already payed for the game. And unlike aspects like visuals, gameplay and that sort of things, online cheaters isn't a major factor that will determine which game you'll buy.

...that is, of course, assuming you HAVE payed for the game (to be honest, I don't expect capcom to find their most loyal consumers on this forums).

Rather than complain about hackers doing some actual hacking, I kinda wonder why everyone expect the makers of their games to make things bug-free (but not that bug-free that it can't be copied, obvious). It's hackers that create and distribute cheats, right? If so...shouldn't it be other hackers making things cheat-proof?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on