Monster Hunter 4U/XX QoL codes

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by mikewii7, Feb 24, 2019.

1. HeavyMetalLoser

HeavyMetalLoser GBAtemp Regular

Nov 28, 2016
    United States
    Would is be possible to include the Better Render Settings code in that IPS? The can framerate tank pretty badly on old3DS in this game, especially in multiplayer when everyone's using Styles and Arts with lots of particle effects. How big of an FPS boost would the Better Render Settings give?

2. BertBR

BertBR Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2018
    Brazil
    I'd like to share my setup with you guys. Just follow the instructions inside README.TXT and have fun. I hope you guys enjoy it.

Attached Files:

3. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    Just use it as a regular cheat code, it should work fine.

I haven't tested that code in particular but I think it's useful only for playing on Citra.
    If we're playing on the 3DS and we disable the filtering through the game's settings, the graphics get really ugly and we gain like only 1FPS

4. HeavyMetalLoser

Nov 28, 2016
    United States
    Is it at all possible to fix the issue of events posted by MHGU users crashing MHXX? Or is it so ingrained in the differences between MHXX and MHGU that fixing it is impossible?

5. kaiiela

kaiiela Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2018
    Canada

Hi Mikewii7,

could these 3 codes be made to function on 1.2.0 version of MHXX easily ?

Last edited by kaiiela, Jun 26, 2019
  6. throw4

throw4 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2019
    United States
    The known issues section says random crashes occur when using Luma to apply cheats on O2/3DS, but I'm getting random crashes (total system freeze which requires a hard reset) after applying any of these cheats in MHXX with Luma on N3DSXL. I tried to troubleshoot by changing some external factors like enabling/disabling Clock+L2, but the crashes are so inconsistent that I have no way of knowing what causes them... Anyone have a possible fix or workaround?

7. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    try the IPS I posted on the previous page

8. throw4
    This message by throw4 has been removed from public view by WeedZ, Jul 6, 2019, Reason: OP request.
    Jul 6, 2019
  9. HeavyMetalLoser

Nov 28, 2016
    United States
    Been using the IPS patch for a few weeks now, while it's far more stable than using the cheat code method I do still get the occasional random crash. I suspect it's occurring when there's any kind of hitch in network or wifi activity, as it tends to occur if I turn off the 3DS wireless connectivity while in-game.
    EDIT: Also, trying to search for a room with wireless communications disabled also causes a crash.

Last edited by HeavyMetalLoser, Jul 9, 2019
  10. paplo

paplo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2019
    Peru
    Hi, I need some help
    I installed the crossplay cheat but the Cstick on my N3ds turns off everytime I enable Plugin Loader on Luma (when I run the game without it, it works fine)
    Im using a spanish translation for the game too

11. hellionurb

hellionurb Newbie

Newcomer
    May 4, 2019
    Mexico
    Enabling input redirection is the workaround. You could also just update luma to the latest release and use the cheat with the built-in support.

12. Khosravi

Khosravi Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2015
    I must be braindead or something, but I can't get the codes that remove the dithering to work for 4U. Am I doing something wrong?

Attached Files:

13. tywald

tywald Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2016
    Do you have v1.1 installed?
    [​IMG]

14. Khosravi

Khosravi Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2015
    I think it's just the vanilla version. Never updated it when I ripped my digital copy because I was too spooked to go online.

EDIT: Alright, so I found an update .cia file for my EU copy and after installing it, the codes worked. Thanks a ton for hinting me towards the solution! I just had to update it.

Last edited by Khosravi, Jul 24, 2019
  15. BenAz

BenAz Member

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2017
    Does crossplay work on local wireless? 3DS doesn't send to find our hubs.

16. perkel

perkel GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2015
    Poland
    Does dithering removal works on MHXX for anyone ? Doesn't seem to work for me :/

edit:

Managed to get it working. They were configured for 3DS instead of Citra. So in citra you need to put code into code and description into description.

Last edited by perkel, Aug 17, 2019 at 12:17 PM
  17. perkel

perkel GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2015
    Poland
    @mikewii7 are you still working on that save stuff ? Or is it something much harder that you thought off ? It would be amazing if you would figure out way to get into save extra stuff you added and possibly do more, like increase amount of storage pages.

Those are cheats from @mikewii7 work for Citra users for both MH4 and MHXX. 6300 is US MH4 but it will also work for EU version but you need to change 6300 for EU titleid number.

Attached Files:

Last edited by perkel, Aug 17, 2019 at 12:59 PM