Monster Hunter 4U/XX QoL codes

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by mikewii7, Feb 24, 2019.

1. mikewii7
    OP

mikewii7 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2017
    Russia
    Currently code is broken, because when i changed stack size from 99 to 999 it indeed changed...but after data was writen to file it was bigger!(which corrupted save file)

Stack size in memory didnt changed...changed size of encrypted data*

This is because mhxx uses TripleDes encryption for writing item box data to file, and if data increase in size(by bits) then you need to increases its storage size as well....otherwise you end up loosing part of you data....which is currently happening in my code. But increasing storage size will change whole structure of save file...corrupt it basically.

Im planing to replace encryption with compresson - which will allow us to use 999 stacks of items...but im failing on making wrapper for zlib compression and decompression.

Adding more pages to item box also will corrupt both save file and memory.

Maybe once i figure out compression i will be able to store data in same size in file, but in bigger size at memory(more pages)
    Initially i did removed blademaster/gunner restriction completely, but traced to only transmog functions, because i dont want to see gunners in full blademaster set online

Last edited by mikewii7, May 18, 2019
  2. perkel

perkel GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2015
    Poland

1. Yeah, i predicted it will be harder a bit because it would mess with saves. You have beautiful skill mate to do that. I hope you will find a way to fix that damn damn storage space. Is there any patreon or something to support your work ?

2. Hah :) Though i don't think many people would pick blademaster sets over gunner simply because they don't have necessary skills. And thanks to your code you either way will see people in blademaster armor running with bows :). I hope though that you would release code for removal of this crappy restriction. It never made any sense to me and even Capcom devs changed that for MHW.

Either way thank you mate. Just 60fps hack alone is grand change that will truly increase a lot enjoyment from MHXX.

Another question.
    I noticed you found a way to mess with AA etc.
    Did you found perhaps mipmapping/anizotropic setting ?
    In MHXX when you switch off 3D for some reason it switches off mipmapping or changes it for some crappy version where you can see clearly aliased textures. When you are in 3D mode whole image is clean.
    Which naturally makes no sense and i think it it was just capcom mistake as they didn't care much for no 3D mode and forget to switch mipmapping.

3. mikewii7
    OP

mikewii7 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2017
    Russia
    Everything we see is part of the shaders, i looked at them a bit but atm its just too much for me understand them...

But i saw `TextureMipLimite` variable somewhere, i might take a look when i have time

4. blizzardy

blizzardy Member

Newcomer
    May 7, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Hm, been trying for a few more days but I'm still stuck(see my previous post what it's about).

I just wanted to check if I could just change mDitherDisplay to be disabled without touching FSAA_2D or other settings but at the same time learn how to get that part reverse engineered in IDA.
    When I try to do this for MHGen I seem to be unable to get into memory as 0xA35BF0 only jumps to 0xD71270 where its table starts at 0xD71260(I think) but when I search for that in CTRPF I only get 2 results 0xA3B610 and 0xA3BA90 and neither of those are in memory section when I attach 3DS :(

Or does this renderer stuff have a different approach than mMaxFps that I'm just unaware of now?

5. mikewii7
    OP

mikewii7 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2017
    Russia
    Render is part of main, if you cant obtain pointer to render, obtain pointer to main and follow it to render:
    sMain(sFestaMain)->sLtRender->render settings bitfield, and bitclear bit corresponding to mDitherDisplay, or just overwrite it with template

6. BertBR

BertBR Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2018
    Brazil
    First off, congratulations for you hard work. That's really awesome.

I tested Crossplay and Enable Chat cheats during quests.

But i cannot run the Fps unlock one. I saw the first page of this topic and can't figure out how to set it on my cheats.txt file. So i will put my cheat.txt file here, and i hope anyone can help me.

Thanks in Advance!

Attached Files:

Last edited by BertBR, May 18, 2019
  7. blizzardy

blizzardy Member

Newcomer
    May 7, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Thanks! I hope I can figure it out now, if not then I guess my current assembly knowledge is insufficient :/

If I tweak the template for MHGen to just remove dithering it would be like this:

Code:
    60DB7E44 00000000
    B0DB7E44 00000000
    20006B22 0000008F
    D2000000 00000000

If it's not too much to ask, could you confirm if it's correct?

8. perkel

perkel GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2015
    Poland
    @mikewii7 hey mate. How is progress on that save rework ?

I just want to say also thanks again. Spend like good 20 hours playing MHXX with glorious 60fps if you will figure out how to deal with more pages for the box i will probably spend next few years collecting all the gear B-)

9. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    Don't count on that. It may be possible but it's probably too much work.

10. perkel

perkel GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2015
    Poland
    Well i just follow what he wrote before and he seems working on this.
    It still amazes me that he can do that :)

11. HeavyMetalLoser

HeavyMetalLoser GBAtemp Regular

Nov 28, 2016
    United States
    Any progress on making the Crossplay code stable on old3DS Luma?

12. piratesephiroth

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    have you tried using an IPS file instead of the codes?

13. HeavyMetalLoser

Nov 28, 2016
    United States
    Could you please explain further?

14. piratesephiroth

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    This IPS has the 3 basic cheats: Crossplay v2.5, FPS Unlock and Chat keyboard inside quest

Attached Files:

DarkSynopsis likes this.
  15. HeavyMetalLoser

Nov 28, 2016
    United States
    Never used Luma to apply IPS patches before. Could you link to a guide please?

16. piratesephiroth

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    Just copy the folder that's inside the zip to the SD.
    You have to enable game patching in Luma3DS's settings.

17. HeavyMetalLoser

Nov 28, 2016
    United States
    I already have game patching enabled (I have to in order to play MHXX on my NA 3DS.) So I just put the file on my SD card and it's automatically enabled? Or do I have to bring up Rosalina and manually enable it like you do with cheat codes?

18. piratesephiroth

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    The game is automatically patched everytime you run it as long as the IPS file is there

19. HeavyMetalLoser

Nov 28, 2016
    United States
    I'll give it a shot. I'll let you know if it still causes crashing like the the Rosalina method did.

20. HeavyMetalLoser

Nov 28, 2016
    United States
    So far so good. Booted up the game, searched for random rooms. I noticed that both english and japanese rooms showed up in the list. Enter one with an english name and confirmed via chat that everyone else in it was playing the officially localized MHGU for Switch. Hunted a Deviljho with them and experienced no crashing or abnormalities aside from the default chat shout-outs appearing in japanese on my end regardless of the region of the player it originated from. It's late and I have to get up early tommorow, so I only had time for one hunt. I'll have to do more extensive testing another day but so far the IPS method seems to be far more stable than the Rosalina method.