ROM Hack Monster Hunter 4U/XX QoL codes

mikewii7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Was doing some GQs online for a while, then someone with a longsword joined.
Crashed when they used spirit I guess. You don't even have to be the one using it for that to happen...
thank you for report, thats leading to camera hooks init, i forgot to place fixes for USA version. Will update plugin soon

Reactions: Eremes

itsperkele

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i crash if my keyboard is up when a quest finishes. like after carving, if i start typing and then the "quest complete" comes up, itll go through the item collection menu, save, and then crash when returning to hub. i believe the keyboard is the problem

using the 60fps/crossplay/keyboard code.ips from post#94

Last edited by itsperkele,
Reactions: Hunter-Peace

Diego788

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Spoiler: MHGEN codes: All codes done for EUR version, might work on USA ver, if it doesnt work - convert them to USA ver on you own
[FPS Unlock]
00892F5C EEF01A49
[Render Settings]
60DB7E44 00000000
B0DB7E44 00000000
00006B20 XXXXXXXX <- flags
D2000000 00000000
{Replace XXXXXXXX with premade flags template:
089F036A = FSAA_2D::OFF
089F436A = FSAA_2D::OFF|NoAADisplay1::ON
088F036A = FSAA_2D::OFF|mDitherDisplay0::OFF
088F436A = FSAA_2D::OFF|mDitherDisplay0::OFF|NoAADisplay1::ON}

I tested the code with the USA version and yeah.. it doesn't work. when activated, the FPS drop to 1-3 FPS...
I wish someone converted the code to work with the USA version, as I don't know anything about this :(

tbsp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tested the code with the USA version and yeah.. it doesn't work. when activated, the FPS drop to 1-3 FPS...
I wish someone converted the code to work with the USA version, as I don't know anything about this :(

Try this code for the USA version:

[60 FPS Unlock-USA]
10892F24 00001A49
10892F26 0000EEF0

Reactions: Diego788

Diego788

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Try this code for the USA version:

[60 FPS Unlock-USA]
10892F24 00001A49
10892F26 0000EEF0

it works! It goes from 29-30 fps to 33-37 on Bherna Village and up to 50 fps at the Palico Ranch
If I disable the 3D on settings it's even better, it can reach 60 fps on both locations, nice!!
It feels so smooth.. thank you!

btw, do you have the render settings cheat too? that could be useful

SilverHerb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could anyone help me with MHXX 2~5 frame drop/micro stutters on any location? I am using Citra Nightly 1697 build. My CPU is 10875H 8 core, RTX 2070 Super, and 16GB ram. I am using the No Dithering and 60FPS cheat codes too. There micro stutters make it unplayable for me. MH4U runs smooth on 60FPS but not MHXX. Is there a recommended build for MHXX? Anyone else having this issue?

bunnynoah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, anyone have a code to remove equipment restrictions in MH4U? Like, a gunner can wear blademaster armor and vice versa? And how does one go about making AR codes for MH4U? Thanks!

Slentara1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@mikewii7 Could I bother you for a code to half stamina consumption for MH3U EU version? I'm not looking for infinite stamina. Is that something that you could make? It's not halving all stamina uses though, just ongoing drain effects like lance charge or sprinting and such

Last edited by Slentara1,

Hunter-Peace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
I think the error happens because the event quests are different so the mismatching data causes the problem. Perhaps it possible to extract the MHGU quests and inject it into MHXX but then you'll get the error when playing with other MHXX players instead.
can please tell me how to do that cuz I'm using the ips from 2020 and do event offline it will be so much help to do so

Hunter-Peace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Currently code is broken, because when i changed stack size from 99 to 999 it indeed changed...but after data was writen to file it was bigger!(which corrupted save file)

Stack size in memory didnt changed...changed size of encrypted data*

This is because mhxx uses TripleDes encryption for writing item box data to file, and if data increase in size(by bits) then you need to increases its storage size as well....otherwise you end up loosing part of you data....which is currently happening in my code. But increasing storage size will change whole structure of save file...corrupt it basically.

Im planing to replace encryption with compresson - which will allow us to use 999 stacks of items...but im failing on making wrapper for zlib compression and decompression.

Adding more pages to item box also will corrupt both save file and memory.

Maybe once i figure out compression i will be able to store data in same size in file, but in bigger size at memory(more pages)
Initially i did removed blademaster/gunner restriction completely, but traced to only transmog functions, because i dont want to see gunners in full blademaster set online
any progress in this process

Hunter-Peace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
@mikewii7 hey mate. How is progress on that save rework ?

I just want to say also thanks again. Spend like good 20 hours playing MHXX with glorious 60fps if you will figure out how to deal with more pages for the box i will probably spend next few years collecting all the gear B-)
i steel play it from 2018 till today I'm near collecting all lvl 9 &10 sets the all the dlc cats i have all dev even set 😎😎😎

Hunter-Peace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
can
The multiplayer in previous games is (partially) region locked because of the difference in content between the Japanese game and the western releases.
The same applies here with MHXX and MHGU. The region-exclusive DLC and event quests would only work if all the players had the same files.

Perhaps you can make the MHGU DLC work on MHXX, but then you will get the crashes when you go online with MHXX players
can you explain how to do this

Hunter-Peace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
@mikewii7 I was told by Crosshex that you discovered a method which allows translation of cutscene text in XX. Would you mind sharing how you did this and/or which files need to be altered for this to work?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is probably not doable without a lot of work. It would also irreversibly alter the save file, requiring the patch to be used every time you launched XX. If for some reason the patch was found to be unstable down the road, your save would be unrecoverable to pre-patch status.
did u know how to translate the cutsceans?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq6zeLv4WLU gonna set this to my steam background