Monster Hunter 4U: possible to remove abandoned quests / faints from guild card?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by ArkBlitz, Jun 25, 2016.

1. ArkBlitz
    OP

ArkBlitz Member

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2014
    I've been playing Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate since release, and I've been playing a no-faint run; as soon as I faint once I reset. In single player that's as easy as opening the home menu and resetting the game. But in multiplayer it requires abandoning the quest, and avoiding two save prompts. Unfortunately, I accidentally saved an abandoned multiplayer quest and I now need to remove it from my guild card. It's either that, or restarting the whole game since the beginning. Is there any way to read my save file and edit that mission out of my guild card?

2. Roomsaver

Roomsaver GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    garfield kart grand prix
    AFAIK no
    EDIT: Didn't realize the structure of the file was available

Last edited by Roomsaver, Jun 25, 2016
  3. moghedien

moghedien GBAtemp Fan

Mar 9, 2015
    United States
  4. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2010
    United States

Lol thats not a no faint run. Your resetting so the game does not record it. Still not faintless

5. Ericjwg

Ericjwg Good

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    To fill up his vanity

6. moghedien

moghedien GBAtemp Fan

Mar 9, 2015
    United States
    Regardless of that, if he's editing his save file that pretty much invalidates it either way. Honestly I don't see the point in a no-faint run unless you're a masochist but... not my chair, not my problem.

7. Krude

Krude GBAtemp Regular

May 18, 2013
    Gambia, The
    He wants the bragging rights without having actually done anything brag-worthy.

Joel16 likes this.
  8. Ericjwg

Ericjwg Good

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    poor OP

Joel16 likes this.