Homebrew Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate- Savedatafiler failing Question

vasalpa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ok guys first of all I am sorry if this is the wrong thread for this. I have spent almost 3 hours trying to figure this out and I just can't. I have a Gateway on SysNand 4.2 on the latest EmuNand and I play the .3ds MH4U (the US version). I am trying to extract my save to eshop format, decrypt it-and modify it (which I have done), and then inject it back in .3ds format. I am using a guide I found here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...v-to-eshop-3ds-3dz-with-savedatafiler.380246/
It just DOESN'T work!!! I don't know if this game in particular has a problem, cause I never had trouble using it in the past for other games. I have the 1.1 update installed as well... When I start the game I am in the previous state (no modifications are made) although I am sure the eshop save file is modified. Has anyone faced this issue before? Does another save extracting/injecting homebrew work better? Just a comment, my CTR Card doesn't show as "broken" as all the other games do normally. Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance!

vasalpa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

ThomasRobertWade

Trophies
XP

vasalpa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
That does make sense. If you don't find an answer here or where I linked to earlier,, this section (https://gbatemp.net/forums/3ds-rom-hacking-translations-and-utilities.276/) might help too. That section contains different save editors for multiple games.

Good luck with what you are trying to do. :)
Thanks for your reply! I actually figured this out, it was a Gateway 3.6.1 bug it seems injecting saves with savedatafiler doesn't work with it, it works perfectly with 3.6.0 though! However I don't know where should I post for this Gateway bug so that others will know and don't lose as much time as I did figuring this out!

ThomasRobertWade

Trophies
XP
Thanks for your reply! I actually figured this out, it was a Gateway 3.6.1 bug it seems injecting saves with savedatafiler doesn't work with it, it works perfectly with 3.6.0 though! However I don't know where should I post for this Gateway bug so that others will know and don't lose as much time as I did figuring this out!
I think the best place to post it to let others know is in the first link I gave you. There's a thread there for the 3.6.1 Beta, where you might want to do it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night