Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate- Savedatafiler failing Question

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by vasalpa, Jan 2, 2016.

  1. vasalpa
    OP

    vasalpa GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    169
    123
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ok guys first of all I am sorry if this is the wrong thread for this. I have spent almost 3 hours trying to figure this out and I just can't. I have a Gateway on SysNand 4.2 on the latest EmuNand and I play the .3ds MH4U (the US version). I am trying to extract my save to eshop format, decrypt it-and modify it (which I have done), and then inject it back in .3ds format. I am using a guide I found here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...v-to-eshop-3ds-3dz-with-savedatafiler.380246/
    It just DOESN'T work!!! I don't know if this game in particular has a problem, cause I never had trouble using it in the past for other games. I have the 1.1 update installed as well... When I start the game I am in the previous state (no modifications are made) although I am sure the eshop save file is modified. Has anyone faced this issue before? Does another save extracting/injecting homebrew work better? Just a comment, my CTR Card doesn't show as "broken" as all the other games do normally. Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance!
     
  2. ThomasRobertWade

    ThomasRobertWade GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    164
    20
    Oct 13, 2012
  3. vasalpa
    OP

    vasalpa GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    169
    123
    Mar 25, 2009
    I thought that since this is Homebrew Development thread there might be a homebrew which handles the extraction/injection saves better than Savedatafiler!
     
  4. ThomasRobertWade

    ThomasRobertWade GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    164
    20
    Oct 13, 2012
    That does make sense. If you don't find an answer here or where I linked to earlier,, this section (https://gbatemp.net/forums/3ds-rom-hacking-translations-and-utilities.276/) might help too. That section contains different save editors for multiple games.

    Good luck with what you are trying to do. :)
     
  5. vasalpa
    OP

    vasalpa GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    169
    123
    Mar 25, 2009
    Thanks for your reply! I actually figured this out, it was a Gateway 3.6.1 bug it seems injecting saves with savedatafiler doesn't work with it, it works perfectly with 3.6.0 though! However I don't know where should I post for this Gateway bug so that others will know and don't lose as much time as I did figuring this out!
     
  6. ThomasRobertWade

    ThomasRobertWade GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    164
    20
    Oct 13, 2012
    I think the best place to post it to let others know is in the first link I gave you. There's a thread there for the 3.6.1 Beta, where you might want to do it.