Hacking [Monster Hunter 4 - Online] 3DSLink vs. Gateway 3DS

dgcool

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good afternoon, just a few questions if you have the time to answer. I am mostly interested in purchasing a 3DS flash cart in order to play the Japanese version of Monster Hunter 4 online with friends. I do have a 4.5 FW 3DS so I am ready to go. I would like to know:

1. Is the 3DSLink already working with MH4 and can you get online in-game even though it's Japanese region?
2. Should I wait for Gateway 3DS to release v2.0 software instead? I know they have MH4 working, but again not sure about online.
3. Is 3DSLink essentially the same as Gateway only cheaper? Do you recommend one over the other?
4. How long is shipping for the flash carts usually? (From China?)

Thank you!

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
That's odd, they have eShop working and yet you can't play online in-game? Has anyone tested it? Does LAN work?

There's probably some license on games which prevents online play using GW etc etc.

Then there's also the issue that you're asking about a not yet released game

higher87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the answer would be we dont know yet, if the news about gateway's new firmware being released in 2-4 days is true, then people could test after that.

dgcool

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's probably some license on games which prevents online play using GW etc etc.

Then there's also the issue that you're asking about a not yet released game

Oh I suppose we'll have to wait until 2.0, unless someone has tested MH3U on a different flash cart like 3DSLink.

higher87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
notice Japan - September 14, 2013

he's not trying to play with people in us/europe or korea, but japan, so it is released, it's just that we dont even know what happens if a console from europe/us tries to connect to a japanese game amongst other things.

dgcool

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
notice Japan - September 14, 2013

he's not trying to play with people in us/europe or korea, but japan, so it is released, it's just that we dont even know what happens if a console from europe/us tries to connect to a japanese game amongst other things.

Correct. I hope someone will test it. I know 3dslink can also connect to eShop according to the website.

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the game has download play or local multiplayer (like new super mario bros 2) then it should work with gateway when 2.o comes out. same for r4i gold deluxe / 3dslink i think. nintendo wifi connection will not, at least not from what we currently know.

dgcool

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the game has download play or local multiplayer (like new super mario bros 2) then it should work with gateway when 2.o comes out. same for r4i gold deluxe / 3dslink i think. nintendo wifi connection will not, at least not from what we currently know.

Does the eShop use Nintendo wifi connect?

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eshopis completely different than playing games online. i don't think it connects the same way, but it doesnt matter anyway since it'll work with GW 2.0 for sure.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By it'll work you mean eShop or online gaming? Sorry for the confusion.
Anything anyone says that isn't from Gateway needs to be taken with a grain of salt. We don't know anything about their update. Yes, they're saying we'll be able to use the eShop on an emulated NAND. Does that mean we'll be able to go online? Who knows? Definitely no one in this thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey