Hacking Monster Hunter 4 Anti-Piracy

Gilberd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Well apparently Monster Hunter 4 is the first game that the Gateway is not able to play. It shows up on the home menu but when I try to play the game it just gives a black screen and then restarts the system without gateway mode. Hopefully there will be a fix sometime soon. I am expecting Pokemon XY probably are going to try something like this too

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well apparently Monster Hunter 4 is the first game that the Gateway is not able to play. It shows up on the home menu but when I try to play the game it just gives a black screen and then restarts the system without gateway mode. Hopefully there will be a fix sometime soon. I am expecting Pokemon XY probably are going to try something like this too
the newest update did something with MH 4 save files and a blacklist

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm guessing this is related to the new 1 byte file that was added in the last update. Monster Hunter probably checks whether it exists or not, so Gateway will have to either trick that check or find a way to install the file on older firmwares.

Peasodecesar

Trophies
XP
Country
In order to spoof file exist función, GW team must not only override the function (and always return true) but make a list of filenames to spoof, and return true If filename arg is on it.... If filename arg is not on the list, original file exist function must be called with all the original args.

If always return true, it will cause a lot of system /games failures.

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
In order to spoof file exist función, GW team must not only override the function (and always return true) but make a list of filenames to spoof, and return true If filename arg is on it.... If filename arg is not on the list, original file exist function must be called with all the original args.

If always return true, it will cause a lot of system /games failures.

good thing that I didn't get a gateway right away then hehehe

alkar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's funny how people seem sure that this game has an antipiracy check, while the game is most likely in production for weeks now and compiled on 4.5.0 SDK...

But whatever... Could be another Animal Crossing for all I know...

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
maybe it is a bad dump, wait until you can dump your own copy that you bought and then see if it works ;)

i'm thinking the ROM was possibly nuked..as even on the "scene" with the "ds" releases it has yet to show up there...and googling NFO scene name gets nowhere...perhaps it was removed because it's a bad dump?..which a lot of bad dumps or NUKE / DUPED releases get immediately pulled if a mistake happened

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I think it is not dumped yet. There are much better sites it seems I can't name them here.
I don't see MH4 yet on mine site.

3DSGuy

No longer in scene
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing this is related to the new 1 byte file that was added in the last update. Monster Hunter probably checks whether it exists or not, so Gateway will have to either trick that check or find a way to install the file on older firmwares.
Nice guess, but that won't be it. The update that comes with MH4 is 5.1.0

Reactions: cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, yea the only game they rereleased are the game boy and games boy color ones...