Monster Hunter 4 and RE6 info at Capcom Summer Jam

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Very little has been heard about Monster Hunter 4 ever since its reveal at the 3DS Conference in Japan last year, but now it seems that more info will be revealed at the upcoming Capcom Summer Jam. The source claims that MH4 is a 3DS exclusive, but there is actually no actual confirmation about it.

Personally, I hope for MH4 to be made for the Wii U as well. If so, maybe the Wii U version may have some interaction with the 3DS version.

According to another source Andriasang, Capcom Summer Jam website temporarily hosted a poster pointing at RE6 and MH4 announcements, however it was quickly took down once the Internet started talking about it.

Capcom Summer Jam takes place at Tokyo Big Site from June 30 until July 1.

SOURCES:
http://m.computerandvideogames.com/349753/capcom-summer-jam-to-feature-monster-hunter-4-resident-evil-6/

http://andriasang.com/con17m/mh4_re6_capcom_summer_jab/

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Capcom have hinted at a 3G localization for some time now, recently debunking rumors and telling fans to hang in there.
If I had a choice I'd rather get an early MH4 release here than two localizations. I still can't believe that the trailer was real time gameplay by a staff member.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Capcom have hinted at a 3G localization for some time now, recently debunking rumors and telling fans to hang in there.
If I had a choice I'd rather get an early MH4 release here than two localizations. I still can't believe that the trailer was real time gameplay by a staff member.
I'd rather have two localizations. I don't mind the wait.

And yes. I couldn't believe it myself that the video was live footage initially.

MH4 certainly looks good.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Glass half full, eh? Well, I really can't see how quashing rumors is a hint.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Look up some of Capcom's comments, here are some recent ones:

"all i can say its wait and see :-)"

"Monster Hunter and Ace Attorney remain important brands to Capcom in the West. You should read into that exactly what you are hoping to (though I have no announced titles to point to at this time). *sunglasses smiley face* "

"I'd like him to name a source." in response to a rumor about MH not doing well in the west.

I'm 80% sure that they will localize it at some point.

Reactions: 1 person

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I think it is quite certain that now Tri G will get localized (and possibly MIGHT have online features - remember when the capcom staff talks about the Tri servers when answering one of the localization questions?).

Monster Hunter 4 is what's next. It is currently announced for 3DS. Is it exclusive? What are the differences? We will soon find out.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Look up some of Capcom's comments, here are some recent ones:

"all i can say its wait and see :-)"

"Monster Hunter and Ace Attorney remain important brands to Capcom in the West. You should read into that exactly what you are hoping to (though I have no announced titles to point to at this time). *sunglasses smiley face* "

"I'd like him to name a source." in response to a rumor about MH not doing well in the west.

I'm 80% sure that they will localize it at some point.
I do have a request... Can you please give me the source to the latest 2 quotes? I haven't seen them before. Lol.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, i wouldnt mind it on the Vita (I love the Vita), but i could never get into it on the Wii for some reason. I'd love to try 3G on the 3DS, but i dont feel like tossing out 200$+ just for the ability to play it (Due to crappy region locking)

As far as the Wii U goes, i'm still undecided on that. Unless the launch and the first year of releases are confirmed to be insanely good, i'll likely just pass until something i really want comes out and its cheaper (Namely a Pokemon game, or new Smash Bros)

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the multiplayer actually like in MH3G?
Like visiting the other player's world and just exploring like you can in DQIX, or specific missions or what?
Pretty much like Tri, only with a lot more (downloadable) missions and the ability to take Shakalakas to compensate for the members that you don't have with you.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a feeling a lot more people act like they love Monster Hunter more than they actually do. I know it's popular in Japan but elsewhere a lot of people are suddenly like "I'M THE BIGGEST MONSTER HUNTER FAN!" once MH3 came out. The franchise is alright, it's a good time sink to an extent, but it's seriously out done by its competition. Art aside, God Eater is a better game in every sense. Plus I really don't see the appeal of Monster Hunter over a large open world WRPG like Elder Scrolls.

Resident Evil 6, I dunno, the trailer didn't reveal too much. I'd rather them go all action or all horror. Resident Evil 5 was seriously bogged down by trying to play like RE4 but being much more of an action game. Resident Evil 4 is just a perfect game that blends being slightly more action-y with still being survival and horror. I'd rather want them to go all action and make it a non-shitty Operation Raccoon City or not do anything since, at this point in RE6's development, going back to RE4-type gameplay seems impossible.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a feeling a lot more people act like they love Monster Hunter more than they actually do. I know it's popular in Japan but elsewhere a lot of people are suddenly like "I'M THE BIGGEST MONSTER HUNTER FAN!" once MH3 came out. The franchise is alright, it's a good time sink to an extent, but it's seriously out done by its competition. Art aside, God Eater is a better game in every sense. Plus I really don't see the appeal of Monster Hunter over a large open world WRPG like Elder Scrolls.

Those...aren't even the same as Monster Hunter. It's not trying to be Open-World like Elder Scrolls and it's not trying to have the pacing, environment, gameplay aspects, or feel that GE has. In fact, if it was like those two...well, then it wouldn't be the game fans have come to love. That's why Capcom made Dragons Dogma, it's meant to blend the JRPG with the Open World WRPG, and it does it well, people can just go there if it's looking for that, it's a great game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse