monster hunter 3 ultimate save transfer 3DS/Wii U GateWay

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by phanteon, Dec 16, 2013.

1. phanteon
    OP

phanteon GBAtemp Fan

Nov 4, 2013
    United States
    Hi.

Im planning to get mh3u on wiiU, and i have a 3ds 4.5U with GW and emunand in 4.5.

as far as i know i will need an eshop app in order to transfer my savegame from 3ds to the wiiU version of mh3u. Would it work if i do the following:

play monster hunter in my gateway with firmware 1.2
    Update emunand to 7.0 and get the transfer thing.
    keep playing in 1.2

run emunand 7.0 in classic mode when i need to transfer the save to when wiiU once i get the monster hunter for wiiU

what do you guys think?

2. CalebW

CalebW Fellow Temper

Jun 29, 2012
    United States
    The eshop in emunand 7.0 won't work, because the GW team hasn't released a new version to fix 7.0 fw.

3. phanteon
    OP

phanteon GBAtemp Fan

Nov 4, 2013
    United States
    how about this now? i got mh3u on wiiU and want to play it on my 3ds (with gateway)

4. hiron

hiron GBAtemp Regular

Apr 9, 2008
    As far as I know the 2.0b firmware support the latest (7.1) eshop. So it could work.

5. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    you need to get a FREE app for the 3ds eshop (so you might need to link your NNID to your System)

6. profiden

profiden Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2014
    United States
    Anybody more are tried with this?

I read this solution (not tested)

Yo load your game on gateway, and pullout the red card without Home+X (then your game isnt moved to sd), now go to transfer tool data and try with the save in the red card yet

7. Jurassic5

Jurassic5 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2014
    Canada
    Hasn't worked for me. Anyone had success with anything?

8. sigma.nl

sigma.nl Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2008
    Netherlands
    netherlands
    best way to do this is install mh3u and save game transfer tool through CIA package in your emunand.

the method by pulling the red card does not work, savegame transfer tool cannot find the save game.
    I've transferd my save game from 3ds to wiiu and back.

I had a little different situation, I had a savegame on my other 3ds (got two 3ds(es)) and transferd that savegame to my wiiu and then to my 4.5 emunand (gateway) 3ds.

9. Rediska

Rediska Member

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2014
    Serbia, Republic of
    .....Necrophiles

10. phanteon
    OP

phanteon GBAtemp Fan

Nov 4, 2013
    United States
    lol since I created this post I bought and sold the game. Found it bored as fuck.

11. Dont Worry About it

Dont Worry About it GBAtemp Regular

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    The game takes time to get into, but is fantastic once you get immersed. So much content and challenge that its mind boggling.

Zidapi likes this.
  12. Jurassic5

Jurassic5 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2014
    Canada

All right that makes sense. I've already got the transfer tool from the eshop lol. I know I shouldn't have done that, but I was desperate.
    Will my current save work with the MH3U CIA file?

13. sigma.nl

sigma.nl Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2008
    Netherlands
    netherlands
    I think so, but what you can try !!
    use de SaveDataFiler DevTool (I use the cia version)

load up the game with Gateway so the savegame is also loaded then start savedatafiler and backup you savegame, then load up the Cia version of MH3u and restore the savegame with
    savedatafiler and it should work (backup you gateway save file from your SD to your computer just in case.
    This wil also work if you got the retail version of MH3u and load it up with gateway classic menu but haven't tested that because I dont have a retail version.

when the savegame is in the cia version of MH3U then savegme transfer tool also work.

14. _eyCaRambA_

_eyCaRambA_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 22, 2009
    United States
    Right around the cornerâ„¢
    How so? I tried this a while back and in Gateway-Mode, SaveDataFiler only shows a "corrupted" card despite the ROM being loaded and the retail card doesn't show up. In Classic Mode, the retail card does show up but I cannot use SaveDataFiler due to it being an unsigned cia or w/e. Did you run through the process yourself, or are you just making a suggestion?

15. sigma.nl

sigma.nl Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2008
    Netherlands
    netherlands
    You are correct I'm making suggestions because I did a transfer through 2 3ds-ses and a wiiu

3ds (1) digital download version of Mh3U --> wiiu (digital download version) --> 3DS (gateway MH3u cia)

sorry for that I'll edit my post

16. sigma.nl

sigma.nl Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2008
    Netherlands
    netherlands
    I still think that there must be a way to do this but perhaps we need to wait when the new Gateway firmware/loader is released.

17. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Addict

Dec 1, 2002
    Pure conjecture I'm afraid. He neglected to take into account the fact that savedatafiler will always show a card1 type save as corrupted under gateway's emuNAND.

If you set up a "CFW" emuNAND you can install savedatafiler and extract the saves from both your card1 and card2 retail carts without issue. This is currently the only way I'm afraid.

18. _eyCaRambA_

_eyCaRambA_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 22, 2009
    United States
    Right around the cornerâ„¢
    Ah I see, just thought I missed something when trying it :)
    Oh, didn't think about that. I only tried the NTR CFW (which is based on GW), so it didn't work. Might give the leaked one a shot.

19. Jurassic5

Jurassic5 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2014
    Canada
    All right I'll give it a shot. I'll convert the .3ds cart to .cia, install it, backup the gw save with SaveDataFiler, restore it to the CIA, and see what happens.
    I only just started being able to install CIA files, so I'll let you know what happens when I've finished.

Under the user tab I have this text when Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is loaded:
    CTR Card -- broken --
    002FF -- broken --
    009C8 -- broken --
    00C6F
    FF40A -- broken --

Is 00C6F a valid save, or is it not recognized by SaveDataFiler?

20. sigma.nl

sigma.nl Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2008
    Netherlands
    netherlands

I think 00C6F does not have a existing save file.

I tried It myself and indeed this method does not work, too bad.
    the only way to transfer a savegame is from Wiiu to 3ds Mh3u (CIA) with savegame tranfer tool from MH3U
    when it's on the 3ds then you can tranfer it back to Wiiu but not to gateway (Mh3u.3ds) file.