Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (MH3U): Zindea's Map Editor and "quest1" rewards

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Superiorbug, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Superiorbug
    OP

Superiorbug Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2018
    United States
    Good day,

I've been playing with Zindea's MH3U map editor (the new one, "watch?v=vSX2VMeEtec"), and I've been trying to figure out some interesting "quirks" in the save file format.

For example, when I want to modify the rewards for a quest, I'm presented with 3 options per reward box item:
    • Item name (self explanatory). String value.
    • Item quantity (again, self explanatory). Integer value on the range [0,99].
    • I'm assuming the last value is the probability of the quest award appearing. Integer value on the range [0, 255].
    I've noticed that a lot of quests that have a guaranteed single item drop (i.e. 1x "Crown of Glory" from the "Clashing Fists" brachy event quests) have a value like so:
    • Item: "Crown of Glory"
    • Quantity: 1
    • Probability: 0
    So, I figured a probability of '0' meant the item is guaranteed to be in the reward box. So, I modify the "Where Gods Fear to Tread" HR5 Alatreon quest so all the items are talismans, rare drops, etc.; with a quantity of 99 and a probability of 0. Sure enough, epic rewards (i.e. all the items were present in the reward box) when I completed the quest.

However, if I made the same changes to the HR8 Alatreon quest, "The Second Coming", no items appear in the reward box at all. So, I modified the quest so that all the items had a probability value of '100', and this appears to give the items a 50% chance of appearing in the rewards box. OK, so I figured the probability value is an integer on the range [0,255] rather than [0,100], and enter a probability value of '255'. The items still have a 50% probability of appearing in the reward box, but if they do, they appear twice.

To my major points:
    • Is anyone familiar with how these probability values work, as they seem to behave differently between quests.
    • Is there any documentation or tutorials for advanced map editing? I've seen some players create arena quests with 5 different monsters at once, which is fun/hilarious.
    • Are there any fellow MH3U modders that'd care to share hints/knowledge, or their "quest1" files?
    Thank you for your time and help.