Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (MH3U) - Modifying armor skills without a 3DS

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by superbug, Jul 9, 2017.

1. superbug
    OP

superbug Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2017
    Canada
    I have a friend online on MH3U who has managed to edit his character's armor to have 10 epic skills, crazy damage, and his longsword is a glitchy SnS with lots of damage. I've played through the entire game, adrenaline+2 solo'ed port Alatreon, etc, and got to HR700 without cheesing 4pt arken, etc.

At this point, I want to get a little bit more fun out of the console before the servers for MH3U are eventually taken down. How do I go about doing these armor changes and custom quests without the use of a 3DS? I've seen GUI-based tools for MH3U modding, custom quests, etc; but these all require a 3DS, etc.

My friend told me that all I need is to install HomeBrew on my WiiU, export my save via Saviine, and modify with a hex editors, and re-inject my save file.

Are there any guides on this? I'm familiar with coding, homebrew, etc; and modded the heck out of my old Wii, but I can't find any documentation anywhere on MH3U WiiU (non-3DS) hex editing and modding.

Thank you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice