heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DAClM.png

Announced on the Nintendo direct/live newyork event.

Wii U version will feature online and crossplay with 3DS. Might have misheard about the crossplay feature with the 3DS version? Both versions will be available sometime in March 2013.

Cross play confirmed! Still not sure if it meant just exchanging data. >_>

PR

CAPCOM CONFIRMS MONSTER HUNTER™ 3 ULTIMATE FOR RELEASE IN MARCH 2013

The Most Expansive Instalment in the Monster Hunter™ Series Comes to Europe and North America

London, UK – September 13th, 2012 - Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today confirmed that Monster Hunter™ 3 Ultimate will be launching on Nintendo’s Wii U™ console and Nintendo 3DS™ system across Europe and North America in March 2013.

The popular fantasy action franchise Monster Hunter™ is now one of the most iconic gaming series in the world selling over 21 million copies worldwide since the series began in 2004. Players take on the role of a hunter and are sent to explore a settlement within the Monster Hunter™ universe, completing quests on their journey to seek and slay monsters whilst improving their skills and earning equipment upgrades. With many challenging monsters and over 200 quests the latest edition to the series is set to be the most expansive offering to date.

Monster Hunter™ 3 Ultimate utilises the functionalities of the Wii U console and Nintendo 3DS system to provide players with a truly intuitive hunting experience. The touch screen feature of both platforms allows players to quickly access in-game books, weapons, field maps and mini games whilst the high quality graphics of Wii U and 3D visuals of Nintendo 3DS powered by the latest iteration of Capcom’s MT Framework deliver a unique and stunning world for players to explore. Taking advantage of the portability of Nintendo 3DS, players can exchange their guild card that contains all their hunter’s information with other players via StreetPass™.

Players can experience the world of Monster Hunter™ alone or in four player local play using Nintendo 3DS. Finding nearby hunters to adventure on quests with is now even easier via the local Nintendo 3DS search feature. Wii U players will be able to enjoy the hunt with Nintendo 3DS players via a local wireless connection. Gamers that own both a Wii U and Nintendo 3DS can take advantage of the inter compatibility of save data between the two consoles, taking the hunt from the living room wherever they go.

Reactions: 1 person

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet! I'm hoping that since the Wii U will be more capable, and that it'll output in proper HD, that they'll include a split-screen co-op. My wife and I each have a Wii for playing MHTri together. I'm hoping I won't have to do the same for the Wii U (right away, anyway). Split-screen with the ability of additional online party members would be the best, as we have a friend who we play online with too. Still, looking forward to this nonetheless.

EDIT: Or better yet, one of us on the TV, and one on the gamepad screen. O.o WANT.

Sly 3 4 me

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems very interesting with the cross-play idea. I enjoyed the PS2 version and loved the Wii version with the multiplayer and overall feel of it. Hopefully it will be even more awesome than the Wii version.

You might want to edit that year to 2013 (Or 2014? Hopefully not.) from 2012, unless it's already out. :P

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And thus a success in Japan is now guaranteed.

I hate these games though but it's all good I guess.

Yatashi Strife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet! I thought that they weren't going to port it at all. Thanks Capcom! Now the only thing I want to see is a new Monster hunter for PS3/360 and I will give Capcom all my money.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It really seems like "Ultimate" is becoming the go-to subtitle for Wii U games.

Well, during the SNES days it was Super so now it was upgraded for Ultimate. Xp
Better than ultra at least..

Reactions: 2 people

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
@_@ was hoping for Monster Hunter 4 than 3G localization.
BUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRN!

Granted, I expected MH4 and that they'll skip 3G, but hey, you should still burn at the stake. :)

So this means we'll see MH4, right?
By 2014, lol. Next as we get this, Japan will get MH4.

Time to run around naked and screaming! Aaaaaaaaa~

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Like you really don't need three Monster Hunter games on the 3DS honestly. Like within a year of each other nonetheless.
What do you mean 3? MH3U is MH3G. With MH4, that's two. By the time we get MH3U, Japan gets MH4, with 1 year in between.

Plus that's like saying all the MH titles on the PSP was unnecessary...

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like you really don't need three Monster Hunter games on the 3DS honestly. Like within a year of each other nonetheless.
I think Sony needs at least one for the Vita right now. Shit the president will chop off a bollock to even get a half assed social version for Vita. ;)

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I think Sony needs at least one for the Vita right now. Shit the president will chop off a bollock to even get a half assed social version for Vita. ;)
Looks like Nintendo got Capcom to "bind" the MH franchise to Nintendo systems for now... else, Capcom would have announced one for the Vita, like, launch maybe. Speculation on my part, but hey, it definitely sounds plausible.

I think Nintendo of Japan at least paid attention to how much units Monster Hunter games can pull in Japan, and now Sony is hurting for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c