Hacking Monster Hunter 3 on Wiikey/Softmod.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I'm trying to play Monster Hunter 3 backup copy.

I get the black screen after the warning screen that comes up.

I tried the English patched version and a clean version of the ISO and I got the same thing on the Wiikey installed Wii.

I was also wondering about a softmodded wii I have...

I have the cIOS55 bugfix installed w/ cIOSCorp 1.01 and I have NeoGamma R4 if necessary... Will it work properly on that Wii? I heard from here that that should allow it to work, but some people were having problems still.

Also, I refuse to use Softchip. Thanks.

mistajase

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got it running off DVD but i had loads of trouble at first, I have a softmodded PAL 3.2 wii.
neogamma r7 (rev14) and gecko wouldn't run the dvd so after poking around forums on the net I found the solution!

Install 'softchip r99' ( its a backup luncher which lets you choose which ios to run a game with)
make sure u have ios55 AND bugfix55 (IMPORTANT: the game doesnt work without the fix)

Now the game works fine!

I also used wiiFri to convert the MH3 iso image from ntsc_j to pal and left the other settings as default.
my softchip setting are :
ISO 55
Game's Language: auto
Patch Country Strings: Enabled
Video Mode: Disk region Default
Autoboot: Disabled
Silent: Disabled
Logging: Disabled
Remove 002 Protection: Enabled
Fake IOS Version: Disabled:
Load Requested IOS: Enabled

I hope this help some people, but if I was you I'd wait till the English language version comes out otherwise its difficult to follow the story and understand game quests/hints ect... even with the newer semi-English version (which I'm using!).

oh....and I can change my characters name:P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM