Monster Hunter 3 may go to other platforms

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by War, Dec 10, 2008.

Dec 10, 2008
  1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    [​IMG]

"'the decision of Monster Hunter 3’s Wii-exclusivity is not yet final.' - Capcom rep, quoted from a Chinese gaming mag

I cannot confirm that the underlined portion of the image above translates to the English statement I just presented. This is the news that is floating around right now, but I am keeping it marked rumor. If anyone could translate/confirm, please leave a comment or shoot me an email."

Source

2. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    Well, CAPCOM replied that saying that for now they plan only to bring up a Wii version..

But yeah, a PSP version will probably come out 1 year later or so.. that already happened with the 2 previous games.

3. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Ah, here's an update on a different site...

"Monster Hunter 3, Capcom's Japan-ruling RPG, has had a rocky history since it was first announced. Initially, it was slated for the PS3, but late last year, the game defected to the Wii -- and was reportedly going to be exclusive to Nintendo's console. In the last couple of days, however, rumors have been swirling that Monster Hunter 3 (tri-) may head beyond the Wii and into the realm of the PSP, which hosted the last title in the franchise.

Just a few hours ago, however, Capcom updated the game's official site, denying the rumors, though all they're saying is that they haven't said anything. That doesn't mean they can't say anything in the future!"

MYTH BUSTED?

4. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    It's CAPCOM.. they done stuff like that before with RE4 on the GC and more recently with Megaman 9..

I'm betting they'll release the game on the Wii only next year, and a PSP version one year later depending on the Wii version sales.

Previous games in the series had better sales on the PSP than on the PS2.

5. hova1

Member hova1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    they probally have a deal with sony to make it launch title for the PSP2

6. Anakir

Member Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    Either way, I'm happy I get to play this on my Wii. My wii's been collecting dust.. sort of. I'll be looking forward to this game.

7. Jiggah

Member Jiggah GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    They've already stated that the PS3 will get some form of Monster Hunter, possibly this or some form of Monster Hunter Frontier (still upset that that has not been released stateside).

Also, looking at the development side of things...is this really a surprise? The "exclusive" Capcom games that were on 360 eventually made their way to the PS3. Capcom has a multi-platform strategy.