Monolith Soft is hiring development staff for The Legend of Zelda series

dsadad.png

A new recruitment page has gone live on Monolith Soft's website, where it appears that they're looking to hire for work on an upcoming The Legend of Zelda game. The company is looking for programmers, designers, management support, and technical artists that wish to assist with creating something related to the Zelda series. This wouldn't be the first time that they've been involved with the franchise, as we know that Monolith Soft previously aided development on The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Monolith Soft is most recently known for Xenoblade Chronicles 1 and 2, and has three development studios on Japan, with two of them confirmed for working on future titles. This news follows last year's recruitment drive by the company, which was looking for new developers for work on a brand new JRPG. which is referred to as "production 1", while this Zelda project is known internally as "production 2".

:arrow: Source

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Please no botw 2. And go back to the dungeon type linear zelda roots. Not interested in an easier type of zelda game directed towards a more younger audience that can't solve puzzles or harder bosses. Need more difficult dungeons please. Botw was literally a downgrade in difficulty and lore compared to previous titles

Last edited by kumikochan,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Please no botw 2. And go back to the dungeon type linear zelda roots. Not interested in an easier type of zelda game directed towards a more younger crowd. Need more difficult dungeons please.
I'd like a healthy mix. A big, open world with various dungeons that scale in difficulty the further you go. Not 4 main dungeons you can beat in 5 minutes with 120+ "mini-dungeons" that take no effort at all.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'd like a healthy mix. A big, open world with various dungeons that scale in difficulty the further you go. Not 4 main dungeons you can beat in 5 minutes with 120+ "mini-dungeons" that take no effort at all.
That was the problem with botw. It was catered to a younger audience and they downgraded the difficulty by a lot for that reason. To me botw was the worst game in the series so really don't hope for a continuation of that

Last edited by kumikochan,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, I didn't know they were involved in Skyward Sword too
Most people don't know that. They should. :ninja:
Please no botw 2. And go back to the dungeon type linear zelda roots. Not interested in an easier type of zelda game directed towards a more younger crowd. Need more difficult dungeons please.
Easy? :blink:

YOU DIE IN ONE HIT AT THE VERY BEGINNING OF THE GAME! That's not even master mode which makes the game slightly harder. :wtf:

You must be some gaming god to call breath of the wild easy, especially from the start. I play many zelda games before breath of the wild, and this one was the longest it took me to finish. :ph34r:

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Most people don't know that. They should. :ninja:

Easy? :blink:

YOU DIE IN ONE HIT AT THE VERY BEGINNING OF THE GAME! That's not even master mode which makes the game slightly harder. :wtf:

You must be some gaming god to call breath of the wild easy, especially from the start. I play many zelda games before breath of the wild, and this one was the longest it took me to finish. :ph34r:
I finished it in a breeze. It was nothing compared to older titles where i died multiple times with dungeon bosses and puzzles that got my head scratching

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I finished it in a breeze. It was nothing compared to older titles where i died multiple times with dungeon bosses and puzzles that got my head scratching
I found BOTW to be harder compared to other Zelda's in the beginning. But once you upgrade your equipment it gets easier. There is a hard mode difficulty have you tried that?

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I found BOTW to be harder compared to other Zelda's in the beginning. But once you upgrade your equipment it gets easier. There is a hard mode difficulty have you tried that?
Well yeah but i'm not talking about health. I'm talking about boss difficulty and puzzle solving. A dungeon used to be 1 big giant ass puzzle and dungeon bosses you had to do multiple times because you had to learn patterns. That's what i mean with difficulty. Damage reduction and such isn't making a game harder in theory. It's making it artificially harder but the core itself ain't becoming more difficult. It's like taking an easy puzzle and making it harder by putting a time limit on it. The puzzle itself ain't harder but it got artificially harder by just putting a time limit on it. It gets harder but it doesn't make the puzzle itself harder. Well that was the problem with botw compared to other zelda titles

Reactions: D34DL1N3R

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Congratulations, gaming god. :ninja:

I mean sure the two on nes was much harder. But compared to some of the series, it's least top 3 of the bunch.

1. Legend of Zelda NES :wtf:
  2. Zelda II Adventure of link NES :blink:
  3. Legend of Zelda Breath Of The Wild WiiU/Switch :wacko:
Honestly, I didn't find much appeal to the change of gameplay. Though to be honest, the amount of crazy stuff you can do that people came up with was fun and amusing, especially for speed running folks. But I don't like wide open areas with nothing fun to do in between them and combat that gives so much options for strategies and last less than two minutes.

If this game gets made, I hope it has
  • Interesting story (Though to be honest, I never cared about for this series since it's never interesting to begin with.)
  • No "Fill in the plot holes yourself" gameplay (Basically finding your lost memories from breath of the wild)
  • No weapon durability
  • No stamina
  • No Micro dungeons (AKA SHRINES)
  • No overcompensating collectibles (KOROK SEED!!!!!)
  • No gameplay centered around weather effects. (Slipping on rocks in the rain while climbing? WHY!?)
  • I also would hope for least more voice acting in this game than before. Only like six characters ever talk.
I don't think it's too much to ask for. I mean I finished the game but I did have frustrations about what I had to go through. Don't judge me. We are all human with opinions. :ninja:

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Well yeah but i'm not talking about health. I'm talking about boss difficulty and puzzle solving. A dungeon used to be 1 big giant ass puzzle and dungeon bosses you had to do multiple times because you had to learn patterns. That's what i mean with difficulty. Damage reduction and such isn't making a game harder in theory. It's making it artificially harder but the core itself ain't becoming more difficult. It's like taking an easy puzzle and making it harder by putting a time limit on it. The puzzle itself ain't harder but it got artificially harder by just putting a time limit on it. It gets harder but it doesn't make the puzzle itself harder. Well that was the problem with botw compared to other zelda titles
I was disappointed with the Ganon fight. I wished it was more epic. It was too easy. I want a mix. A big open world with big dungeons. I don't care much for the collecting scavenging mechanic. I want to focus less on preparing for fights and more on puzzle solving and exploration. But I do like BOTW it was a nice change of pace. I prefer Ocarina and Wind Waker over it.

Reactions: kumikochan

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Please no botw 2. And go back to the dungeon type linear zelda roots. Not interested in an easier type of zelda game directed towards a more younger audience that can't solve puzzles or harder bosses. Need more difficult dungeons please. Botw was literally a downgrade in difficulty and lore compared to previous titles
Botw was so much better than linear zelda in every single way. Havent had so much fun with a Zelda game since wind waker

Reactions: YugamiSekai

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Botw was so much better than linear zelda in every single way. Havent had so much fun with a Zelda game since wind waker
In what ways ? What was the first zelda game you played ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was disappointed with the Ganon fight. I wished it was more epic. It was too easy. I want a mix. A big open world with big dungeons. I don't care much for the collecting scavenging mechanic. I want to focus less on preparing for fights and more on puzzle solving and exploration. But I do like BOTW it was a nice change of pace. I prefer Ocarina and Wind Waker over it.
I agree fully

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
In what ways ? What was the first zelda game you played ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I agree fully
I do like the difficulty for enemy fights I think this was BOTW strong point. I complaint I've always had in previous Zelda's was enemy fights were too easy. I sometimes play Ocarina with only 3 hearts to give myself more challenge. I want tougher enemies, tougher dungeons, and really complex puzzles where you feel good for solving.

DeoNaught

I'm here to steal memes and break dreams
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
being a very nice Zelda fan, Botw was a really fun game, but not a zelda game. The difficulty wasn't zelda, it was like other people said, catered to younger audiences, which sadly took a dip in difficulty. The Final battle was kind of disappointing, I was hoping it would be like skyward sword's ganon boss fight, it was the most epic boss fight I remember. Instead of that, we just got "shoot the holes I'm making glow." honestly, the battle right before the final battle was better than the final boss fight.

zelda Breath of the wild was a good game, but not a good zelda game. (even so, I still play botw to death)

Back on topic though, Good luck to Monolith, if they have a bigger foot in the next zelda game, I hope it's "combat" system isn't like in Xenoblade

Last edited by DeoNaught,

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If they manage to create a BOTW style world that feels just as alive as their worlds in the Xenoblade series... wow.
I really liked the open world of BOTW, but would have liked if there were items that you would need to solve the puzzles in dungeons, that you only could get from other dungeons.
I would actually like to see dungeons that are connected to each other, in a way that you have to start in dungeon 1 to get an item. The item can be used in dungeon 2 to get another item. Now you can go back to the first dungeon to finish it, to get the final something to be able to beat the second dungeon.
It's linear, but not linear. And maybe if that could be designed with sequence breaking in mind. It is possible to progress without the right items if you just are clever enough, without "breaking" anything.

Hmm... yeah... writing down a Zelda wish list :P

Reactions: Patxinco

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended